快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: HERC DC (not mk2) vs. HERC DC MP3

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

LeryanHome userMember since 2005
I'm about to buy one of those consoles and i was wondering which one is better. I plan to use it on laptop, so i was thinking DC because it has a soundcard, but it is an older model so what about program support... Also, is MP3 better made? I mean, are jogs and buttons more advancet, better crafted?

发表时间 Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 12:24 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
with Hercules DjConsole you will get VirtualDJ 1.09 and it won't be upgradable unless you buy VDJ Pro at 149$.

If you buy DjControl MP3, you will need to have a double stereo output soundcard (5.1 soundcard) to be able to do cueing (prelistening the next track), but you will have VDJ 3.4 and will be able to download some effects and some samples, and 99% of skins from this website.

发表时间 Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 1:32 pm
Yea, thx, but wich one of the consoles has higher quality? Hardwarelike, i mean... So it doesnt fall apart after first use. You see, i will buy VDJ pro, money isn't the problem but the fact that i can't buy Mk2 here in Croatia, only Mk1... So, is Mk1 support ok in VDJ 3.4?

发表时间 Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 2:06 pm
MK1 support is ok for VirtualDJ 3.4 it works good.

Are you sure you can't buy Hercules MK2 on internet from a German website?

发表时间 Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 4:37 pm
I can't... And, shop near me has Mk1. But, can U say what is the difirence between Mk2 and Mk1, or at least is Mk1 better than mp3...

Thx

发表时间 Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 5:16 pm
I don't know if mp3 is better quality than MK1 as i don't own those products.

发表时间 Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 5:20 pm
Ok, thx! :)

发表时间 Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 5:25 pm
Can someone else help, pls?

发表时间 Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 5:39 pm
Hi Leryan,

If Hercules distributor in Croatia doesn't distribute DJ Console MK2, it should be possible to get it via the Romania distributor (http://europe.hercules.com/onlinestore.php?cty_id=RO) as this distributor is Ubi Soft, a company close from Guillemot (they should be able to tell you which mail order companyh you shoul contact)
Ubi Soft SRL
Str. Siret nr. 95 , sector 1
Bucharest
Tel. : (+40) 215690600
Fax : (+40) 215690601

Regarding DJ Console 1 versus DJ Control MP3:
DJ Control MP3 has 3 bonuses:
- better Play/Cue buttons (but it is simple to improve DJ Console 1 Play/Cue buttons by washing the carbon contacts of the keypad, it just requires unassembling the Console to access to the keypads)
- better compatibility with USB plug whose power supply is not very good (DJ Control MP3 is far less power consuming) => this limit on DJ Console 1 can be solved by connecting DJ Console via a USB hub which has its own power supply
- better software (VirtualDJ 3 DJC Edition is in my opinion much better than VirtualDJ 1 DJC Edition)

DJ Console MK1 has 5 benefits:
- integrated audio (no need of another audio device) with a good audio quality
- on board headphones monitoring with volume button
- no need to keep the headphones button pressed down in the included VirtualDJ version (a limit of VirtualDJ DJ Control MP3 version)
- microphone with talkover function
- Cover to protect DJ Console in transport

My opinion is that DJ Console 1 is far better than DJ Control MP3, as it would cost at least 100€ to get an external audio card with the benefits of DJ Console 1, but if you already have a good audio card which offers the features you will actually use, then maybe DJ Control MP3 is OK for you, but if you can buy both at a similar price, I prefer DJ Console 1.

发表时间 Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 11:23 am
Hey, thanks! I just wanted an opinion... See, i've found in one store in Croatia Mk1 for 175 euros... I think that is cheap... I saw prices one the internet and they were about 70 euros higher! So i think it is a good investment... Donno...

Eather way, if i buy and mp3 one (100 euros), i have to buy usb soundcard because i would use it on laptop. So that's at least extra 50 to 75 euros... Shame, i have 2 great cards in my desktop machine, but i cannot use it in the club... :(

Thx again, U've been very helpfull.

发表时间 Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 12:00 pm
Hey Man,

Hercules DJ console MK1 is obviously better than MP3. it has many more features. it seems like Mp3 is a stripped down version for people who couldnt afford MK1 or didnt really need all the extra features

What you should be worried about however is that MK1 headphone previewing doesnt work. I bought one recently and have been trying to resolve the issue ever since. Someone told me that it wil work with new software like VDJ 3.2 but i cant afford to buy it since i already paid top dollar for my console and it already came with VDJ 1 software.

Anyways i wouldnt think the MK2 has these issues so i would say go with that one. forget about the MP3.

发表时间 Thu 30 Mar 06 @ 6:55 am
Hi Hagizzle,

DJ Console MK1 headophones previewing works with VirtualDJ DJ Console Edition.
You must set, in DJ Console Control Panel, prior to running VirtualDJ, the audio mode on Advanced / DJ Mode instead of Standard/Multimedia/5.1, and then you have headphones previewing in VirtualDJ.

发表时间 Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 8:29 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)