快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: which video card?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

Got my console mk2 arriving tomorrow, can't wait to get started on it!

I'm a bit confused as to what video card to buy though. The book reckons it's best to use a dual output card, rather than two separate cards.

Looking around on the web though, dual output cards seem to be somewhat rare. What nearly all cards seem to have though is a TV output. Can this tv output be configured to be a second output that would be exclusively for fullscreen video, while the VGA out ran VDJ? Sorry if this is a stupid question - graphics isn't really my thing! What's everyone else running, what's stable and not stupidly expensive? Any comments would be appreciated... ;-)

John xx

发表时间 Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 6:29 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don't forget you will need Virtual DJ Pro to have fullscreen video output.

Video cards often have a DVI output and a VGA output and sometimes a S-Video and/or Cinch (Yellow RCA).

You can use the DVI output to go to your screen (if it is a flat screen with DVI input), and then use the VGA to go to a video projector, or use the S-Video/Cinch to go to TV

But if you are not going to use the DVI, be carefull some video cards don't support double analog output (VGA + S-Video/Cinch).

I'm sure other users will get you some more information on what specific video card is good.

发表时间 Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 9:21 pm
Indeedy, I'll be buying pro tomorrow when my console mk2 arrives - thought i'd wait til it turns up as apparently there's a discount online for console owners!

As for the connections, my LCD monitor has only a VGA input, and the projector in the venue where I play is fed with a composite line, so a card with DVI isn't of much use to me. Alternatively, I've got a little convertor box which receives VGA and outputs composite / s-video, so either a twin vga card or a vga with separate TV out is what I guess I'm after.

Alternatively, could I run VDJ off the motherboard's internal graphics, and the video through it's own card? Or is that not recommended? Once again, if anybody's got any advice/ideas, I'm all ears!

Cheers,

John

发表时间 Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 11:12 pm
I use a sapphire radeon x1300 dual head, mine is the 512 meg one and i absolutely hammer it with visuals, video and karaoke and it handles it very nicely thank you! They do a x1300 with 256 on board as well but i can only tell you about the one i have and it works VERY well. They are also at a very reasonable price if you shop around and an added benefit is that the cooler is passive so no noisy fans. I bought mine here :-

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=314139&cks=ASS&assoc=D8029637-0DDA-48DA-9BA1-03B0D58EDEA7

发表时间 Tue 14 Mar 06 @ 12:09 am
Looks good, except it's pci-express and my board's agp.... I've found this on the overclockers website though....

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sapphire X1600 Pro 512MB DDR2 AVIVO TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-120-SP)
A tool for the performance oriented, the Sapphire X1600 PRO comes equipped with the hardware muscle to deliver an entire realm of fantasy right to your desktop due in large part to the awesome feature-set of the RADEON X1600 core, robust onboard memory configurations and 12 pipeline architecture. An impressive hardware compilation supporting CrossFire paired with support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 ensures future compatibility and the advent of the ATI Avivo Video and Display Platform ensures that you will not have to be limit your fantasies to just your desktop.