Forum: Old versions

话题: Internal database corrupt

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

philfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Getting this error can anyone help ?
does not affect prog

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 3:36 pm
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi All. Just got the same message as well. I have transferred my program over to another hard drive and copied over new database.lmx and umx file with the one from old hard drive. It worked once before but now it is not???

Would love some help as I am itching to mix.

发表时间 Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 2:46 am
Here is a suggestion, now that you have the corrupted database error you are going to see that the tag info and cues and such you saved are gone so you will have to re-analyze all the files. Once you are done make a backup of the database file somewhere on your system so that the next time you get an error all you have to do is copy that backup file back to where the corrupted one is and you will not lose your BPMS, and tag info. Been through the same thing as you and I add comments to all my videos and karaoke files because I am blind and cannot see the little K or V in the circle next to the file.

发表时间 Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 8:34 pm
Upload your VirtualDJ Database.xml to www.yousendit.org I'll have a look at it when I have some time, it doesn't take too long to see where the problems are and recover as much as possible of what good information is still available.

发表时间 Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 8:44 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
So it's possible to recover your database then? Wish I had known that sooner. What do I need to sort it out?

Is it possible to automatically back up the database every time a new track is added? I add new tracks all the time and will never remember to keep backing up the database all the time.

Also I don't like having to leave the laptop running all day to analyse files. Is it possible to analyse them on a different computer?

Also when I add new tracks to different folders is there a way to get VDJ to analyse them without me having to find each one indiviually. Final Scratch used to do this every time I added a new track.

发表时间 Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 8:19 pm
To sort it out you can open the xml file with any good spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel). It's complicated to explain how to fix it though unless you understand the xml file in the first place.

发表时间 Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 8:25 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
There is no way of backing it up automatically that I know of, but you have 2 options.
If you know how to create a .bat file, then you can run the bat file so it backs up the db, then kicks up VDJ.
Or, you can make a shortcut to the VDJ folder in "program files\virtualdj\" and manually copy and paste file.

as for the auto scan of new files, I add all new songs to folders, then open VDJ, add entire collection to "Search Database" takes only a few seconds for 40k plus files. The I go to local database and sort by bpm. highlight all that do not have a bpm and scan them

Hope that helps some.

-Dj Los.

发表时间 Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 9:28 pm
here is a .bat that will back up the "virtualdj xml" and run vdj.

just check to make sure the path and date is what you want.

@For /F "tokens=2,3,4 delims=/ " %%A in ('Date /t') do @(
Set Month=%%A
Set Day=%%B
Set Year=%%C
)

cd c:\program files\virtualdj
copy "VirtualDJ Database.xml" "VirtualDJ Database.%Day%.%Month%.%Year%.xml"

start c:\"program files"\virtualdj\virtualdj.exe

发表时间 Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 10:01 pm
doing it again since web stripped the "\\" back slashes

=================================================
@For /F "tokens=2,3,4 delims=/ " %%A in ('Date /t') do @(
Set Month=%%A
Set Day=%%B
Set Year=%%C
)

cd "c:\\program files\\virtualdj"
copy "VirtualDJ Database.xml" "VirtualDJ Database.%Day%.%Month%.%Year%.xml"

start virtualdj.exe
=================================================

发表时间 Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 10:41 pm
Can I just paste that into a text file and then rename the file extension to .bat?

Then where do I place the bat file?
Thanks for your help so far...

发表时间 Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 12:49 am
Yes, DjGazUk,

Take all the lines in between the "============" and copy to file, save as .bat file.
I have it on my desktop, but you can save it where you like.
Make sure the path to VDJ is correct.

-Enjoy, Dj Los.

发表时间 Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 5:40 am
Works a treat. Thanks !!!

I also have a back up of all my MP3s on another computer. So to extend my laptop's life span I can analyse all the tracks on the desktop PC then copy the database onto the laptop. This works if all the tracks have the same file name's on each computer.

发表时间 Thu 04 May 06 @ 12:42 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)