快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: database question..

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

is it possible to have two machines with virtual DJ and have them share a database? Here is the scenario... I have a two machines... one is used as a back up during a gig. I add new music/videos to both machines... I work on my main machine (machine #1) and scan the new tracks and make cue points. Is it possible to add the only the newest tracks to the existing database without overwriting the current database on machine #2? Hope I didn't confuse anyone...

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 10:22 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
(i think) thats not gonna be possible even if both computers are networked. it might have been possible if the song information was stored in the media file but vdj stores that information (cue, bpm etc) in the xml file.

i think a work around is.... store vdj in the same location in both computers... well i wont continue coz its not even possible unless both computers have the exact same song files.

i was gonna say if both computers have the same exact files in the same locations just copy the xml file from one computer to the other.

my 2 cents.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 9:41 pm
wow.. for someone who has no license with the software you sure have at 2 cents worth to say... I suggest buying the software. It rocks.

I want to have it were I could merge the existing databases of both machines...

anyone? anyone?

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 9:57 pm
wow.. so no one has any experience with the databases...
that is crazy talk.

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 10:01 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you can make the 'home folder' of one of the VDJs the folder on the other machine so they both use one database. you need to go into the registry of one computer and change the valeu of 'home folder' to be the folder of VDJ on the other machine (you may need to map the network drive to a local prefix eg 'Z:\') you may have problems with the path for songs being wrong on the other machine as the database will say 'C:\My Songs\Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit.mp3' but when looking from the other computer it would need to be 'Z:\My Songs\Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit.mp3'

hope that helps you as it sucks to have to merge the database using a thridparty tool every so often to keep both coppys up to date

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 7:36 pm
Did you have to purchase a 2nd license to put VDJ on the backup computer?

发表时间 Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 3:13 am
DilleonHome userMember since 2005
My Database Was Curropted How Do iGet back All My cues EMAIL ME At --@--.-- Plllzzz

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry Dilleon no email address is allowed from a demo user

发表时间 Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 8:39 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It would be useful if you could set where the database files were kept. I kept my PCDJ recordcase on the removable hard drive with all my music on it. That way, when I moved the drive from computer to computer, the recordcase was always there.... I DJ off 4 different computers in an average week, it would be useful if I could work the vdj database in the same way as the ol' pcdj recordcase.

---- Oh, and Dilleon - sorry to say it, but I doubt you'll be able to get your cues back if it's corrupted, it's something that happens in vdj every now and again from what i can gather on this forum. I can only suggest that in future, you make regular backups of the .xml file in case it happens again...

发表时间 Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 11:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)