快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT???!!! [Problem solved]

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

WHERE IS TECH SUPPORT???

Serious problem!

VDJ freezes and crashes computer when it can't connect to a network, even with no desire to connect to a network NOT THE INTERNET
Brand new rack mount system built specifically for DJing
Tried every tweak we can find and thing of
Not encountering any problem anyone else has, just this freezing
It freezes 30 secs into a song sometimes, and sometimes after 20 minutes.
After ever lock, event log says system was trying to reestablish a network connection, but failed
because it's not physically connected, nor desired to be.

We have an second, nearly identical system and and it does not suffer from this problem

P4 3.0GHz
1Gig RAM Kingston
Gigabyte mother board Intel 865 chipset
onboard LAN
GeForce 5500 FX

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 8:38 pm
Please send a message to e-service (http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/).

What you could try is to disable your network card temporary:
- Right click on the "My network places" on the desktop or from the start menu
- Select your network connection, right click and select "Disable"
- Repeat the above, for all available network cards.
- To enable it agin do the same, but then select "Enable"

Disable your network card hardware
- Right click "My computer"
- Select "Manage"
- Click "Device manager"
- Expand "Network adapters"
- Right click your card and select "Disable"
- Repeat the above, for all available network cards.
- To enable it agin do the same, but then select "Enable"

Good luck
Ewout

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 9:27 pm
I have tried disabling. Thank you for the link.

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 9:37 pm
Have you tried pulling the network card? The reason I ask...
When a network card goes wonky...all sorts of crazy things can happen. I have seen it myself.

Just a thought.

Ronny

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 9:50 pm
The only network card is the onboard ethernet connection. It is disabled, but various things within Windows XP keeps firing it up etc.

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 10:12 pm
For my system I created a command (cmd) file. Which is stopping a lot of services I don't need during gigs With the following content:

Rem Stop IIS webserver
Net stop iisadmin /y

Rem Stop Microsoft SQL Server
Net Stop MsSqlServer /y

Rem Stop DHCP -> Will try to get an ip adres when none is available
Net Stop DHCP

Rem stop Lotus notes -> Needed for work should be off forever (Not a Lotus notes fanatic)
Net Stop "Lotus Notes Single Logon"

Rem Stop Infrared
Net Stop IrMon

Rem Stop messenger service for net sends and so on
Net stop messenger

Rem Dont know anymore, still not needed
Net Stop mnmsrvc

Net stop MsiServer

Net Stop mskssrv

Rem stop scheduled tasks
Net stop Schedule

Rem Logon service
Net stop SecLogon

Rem sound card setup application. I use Maya so..
Net Stop "Soundmax agent service"

Rem No sms software distributions during gigs ;-)
Net Stop "SMS Remote control agent"

Rem No sms software distributions during gigs
Net Stop "SMS Client Service"

Rem Disable printing
Net Stop "Print Spooler"

Rem Kill MacAfee
Net Stop "Network Associates Task Manager"
Net Stop "McAfee Framework Service"

Rem service for incoming modem calls?
Net stop Telephony /y

You could use some of them. Paste it in a text file. Rename it from txt to cmd. Double click wait until finished. If error message "This service is not running" appears delete that line from the file.
Ewout

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 10:14 pm
then it sounds like a driver issue and not a VDJ issue. I know this is frustrating, but you are going to have to do some detective work.

I still suggest you pull the card to see if the card IS the issue. I had one network card fowl up and entire network....it kept looking for and sending random packets of info...it was a mess. We isolated the bad card...and there you go ...problem solved.

If it is a driver issue....There is no way we can know the "inner workings" of what may be on your machine. You will have to do so looking in dark cornors, etc.

I will think about this some more.

A thought would be to look at your application monitor to see what is calling it up once you have the card allegedly disabled.

SOMETIMES automatice software updates....printers, software, etc....will try to connect to the network to look for updates...no matter if you have the card disabled....the update software is just trying to do its job.....just a thought.

Hope this helps.

Ronny

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 10:19 pm
Yes, this is exactly what I am saying, printers etc. trying to access the net! Messing up VDJ.

I have tried shutting down all "services" not needed to see if that will help, and as of right now, it is. Supposedly, every driver is the latest from the net. There is no network card to remove. All there is is the onboard ethernet port, which is disabled.

As far as the code above, that is all new to me so I'll look into it.

Thank you, and keep it coming please!

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 10:54 pm
um have you run a virus scan?

发表时间 Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 12:18 am
Guess:

If the freezing really happens just when trying to establish network connection, it is possible there is a outbound firewall interception the connection attempt and somehow either the firewall software is buggy or somehow not compatible.

I recommend (when the computer is not in network) to try disable the network adapter (network connections, right click adapter -> disable) and then also try remove firewall software if this doesn't help. If it is WinXP SP2 then you should *not* use any 3rd party firewall such as Norton/whatever, simply remove all those 3rd party Antivirus/firewall programs. If you need protection in XP SP2, install Windows Defender. It won't stop a virus though but if only thing used on the machine is VDJ and songs (no email/web, LAN Properties ->* FILE & PRINTER SHARING* *DISABLED* when no AV!!!), then you do not need mcafee,norton,fsecure etc which are more trouble than good.

If problems continue after disabling LAN adapter entirely and removing AV / firewall software, then most likely the issue is faulty hardware, try run MEMTEST86 for several hours before trying replacing hardware.

LAST NOTE! Whatever you do, always keep computers up to date from Windows Update/Automatic updates if there is a chance that 3rd party ripped songs would end up in the machine, those are a RISK if you haven't kept all software including Windows up to date always! Songs from 3rd party sources may have embedded malware.

发表时间 Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 5:49 am
Well, I am at the point of suspecting hardware. I have done pretty much everything mentioned above with no success. Window's Event Log says that it is trying to connect or can't connect, or is doing something related to network activity. My friend has practiccally the same exact system and it works fine. I used it tonight for 4 hours straight. Flawless. I tried mine in the beginning and it didn't make it 1/2 an hour.

Even with the LAN turned off and all the Windows services off, it still tried to connect, then crashes. The other system just says, "OK, no network, life goes on."

I know there are no viruses in the system becuase for 1, I don't want to go online with it, just DJ. 2. I've done a fresh format and install of Windows XP 4 times now. All same result. I will try to run this program you are talking about. What does it do? ...and malware? What is that? seriously.

发表时间 Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 8:36 am
Malware is a "virus like" program that loads in an alleged legit fashion. Say you d/l a browser, or picture viewer, or any kind of software. The parent company attaches a small program to the main program that "reports back" the the parent copmpany issues about your computer and computer usage habits. All way to common for this to happen.

发表时间 Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 12:43 pm
Interesting. Learn something every day. Although I know this is not the case because this is a fresh intall, the system has not gone online, and files are installed from DVD by me.

发表时间 Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 6:06 pm
I remember that another user had the same problem (skipping each half an hour). I think it was WirelessDJ. He had a system with a 6600GT video card with drivers that were not installed in the proper order.
What video card do you use?
Ewout

发表时间 Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 8:44 pm
to disable the network card you should go into the BIOS and disable it from there. once its disabled windows will no longer detect a network.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 12:03 am
Video card is an Nvidia GeForce 5500. An identical system has the same card and it works fine.

Network is disabled in BIOS, still have freezing.

We think we have tracked it down to a riser card not being able to handle the bandwith required. The riser card was taken out and the system was run with no case and the cards plugged directly into the motherboard, and it performed excellent. A new card is being over nighted from CA to MA. Hopefully that will fix it.

发表时间 Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 1:22 am
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Fixed by replacing mother board that had an AGP slot that could be slowed from 8x down to 4x. Apparently the riser cards we tried were bogging the info and crashing the system. All has been well since this fix.

Thank you to all who tried to help.

发表时间 Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 2:15 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Glad you were able to get things sorted out, pc's are a pain sometimes.

发表时间 Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 3:44 pm
Hi Brian,

Did you ever replace the Riser to see if you can crank the AGP back up to 8x? I'm having a similar problem with an NVIDIA 6600GT. The PC is locking up after 2 to 3 hours. I did drop the AGP down to 4x to see if that helps but I'd like to fix the Riser if that's an issue. Where are you getting your risers from?

Greg

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 10:12 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)