快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VDJ Vanished !

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,
Last night my VDJ simply vanished leaving me with a blank expression staring at my desktop! When restarted it did not remember any songs I had played / bmp’s I had analysed or loaded samples, My windows event viewer showed nothing in the system or application log. The CPU was fairly cool and no high memory usage (after the event anyway)

SYSTEM: Dell D600 laptop / 1.6 Pentium / 512meg ram / 60gig HDD / Radeon 9000 VGA 32meg / WIN XP sp2

This might have been my fault as I upgraded to ver 3.3 didn’t reboot (do I need to?) then hammered it for 2 hours.

This is what I was doing when it happened,
Deck 2 playing a loop for over 1 hour, Deck 1 loading mp3’s every 2 mins or so and I was using samples ( 8 custom loaded) to blend the music. I then activated the video window (without hardware acceleration) and resized to a small window to watch the FX. Half way through the next song . . GONE !

I have tried to recreate the fault this morning but nothing, I know using a looped deck and samples to mix isn’t quite how your supposed to do it but I did get some surprisingly nice results.

What I was wondering is this . . . . . . .
Has anybody else seen this ‘closing down’ problem?
Should I have rebooted after an upgrade?
Did using a 1 hour loop cause a problem?

Many thanks,

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 1:06 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
terrykemp

I'm not sure about the shutting down issue for sure, but I'm pretty sure that playing a loop for one hour solid would defenitely stress your system out. I'm sure I've seen other posts where VDJ has disappeared after looping for a long time.

Perhaps if you're going to do this for long periods of time you should consider a possible upgrade???

Oh, and I would defenitely recommend rebooting after installing an upgrade.

Maybe one of the other guys could confirm this?

P

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 3:57 pm
I don't understand why having a loop for a longer time shoudl cause a program to crash.

It's just looped. Doesn't matter if it's one minute or 10 days.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 7:31 pm
Sometimes when you have low resources and the CPU is nearly 100% VirtualDJ (or the system) loops what sounds 'till it can continue with what you had...

It's not the LOOP function, it's a system error caused by low resources.

发表时间 Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 11:03 am
Ok, its done it again !!!!!!
This time only playing for about 15 minuets.
Again I had a nice loop playing in deck 2 and mixing with deck one occasionally dropping a sample in.
At the time it vanished I only had one track playing in deck Two (doing a nice loop *4) and one sample playing (custom sample). Nothing playing yet in deck one, I was deciding what to play in deck one next and then gone !
I had the ‘task manager’ running in the background just to see if memory usage was high or the CPU was high. Nothing was running more that 10%.

Is there anything I can run in the background to see what’s happening ?
I don’t dare try this version (3.3) playing live as I cant get it to be stable in my own house yet !
My laptop is dedicated to V DJ and has no spy ware, no doggie software and all updates available installed. All the drivers are the latest DELL approved.

Thanks for all replies so far,
I didn’t suffer with ver 3.1 so im thinking of down-grading but that seams a bit drastic and I would like the video extras that 3.3 provides.

Is there anything I can do to help providing a root cause with this problem?

Many thanks, Terry

发表时间 Tue 07 Feb 06 @ 8:45 pm
well it has happened to me on several occasions and some of them were live. once on the radio this morning.

This is nearly after 2 hours of mixing although previously it had ran for a good 5 hours.

I don't think its ressources since I was using my P4 to mix with 3GB of ram and VDJ running was only taking up a wopping 384MB/3072

I don't know what you would call low ressources although this isn't it. It happened once when I was messing around with some effects and this morning on the radio I didn't do anything it just vanished while a song was playing with no loops, no effects, gain -4.0db

oh and thinking it might have been drivers or firmware updates I've checked all of that and I'm up to date.

This shouldn't be happening and I hope its fixed in the next release.
Check my blog for my system info.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 06 @ 4:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ahhh pixes

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 6:26 pm
cerriexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yep, same here it seem kinda rondom tho, jus playing a song, then in the blink of an eye, im looking at my desktop...

no idea whats wrong... but to be fair, this has happened on many many different machines.. so im starting to think that its not the computers anymore :O)

发表时间 Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 3:42 pm

发表时间 Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 11:30 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)