快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Crossfading

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Maybe I'm using the crossfader wrong, but I can't figure out how to crossfade without making it obvious. Like, I can get tracks that sound good together, but it's really obvious when the volume of one track starts decreasing alot, especially if the track I'm fading out of is still the one playing the bassbeat. Should I mix into the other tracks bass before starting to fade out of the out going track? I'm mostly mixing hardstyle/hardtrance.

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 8:06 pm
use the volume faders instead and play with the EQs on the mixer. Both work great together and also change your crossfader to full so you get less decreasing in volume so they might sound better if your using the Xfader in full mode instead of smooth.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 10:47 pm
And work with the EQ, you can have all MUTE of incoming song escept the BASS one...
Or thing like that, just try, play & have fun.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 2:55 am
Set your gain levels to auto match. Also don't start the mix during a breakdown or the end of the live track. You want the whole mix to be complete before this occurs. If you gradually increase the crossfader by only a little bit (maybe 1/10 of the way) every 8 beats it won't be noticable.

发表时间 Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 3:35 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Creative use of the eq's is what really makes an invisible mix. That's why an external mixer is so useful. I guess you can use shortcuts in VDJ to do it. Swap the bass of the outgoing song with the incoming song, either slowly or with a kill switch. White Devils advice on checking your crossfader setting is TOTALLY key. If it is set to cut (optimum for scratching no good for beatmixing)you'll have the problem you're describing. All the other advice is good to. Let us know if you got it straightened out.

发表时间 Wed 08 Feb 06 @ 9:12 pm
Yea, my crossfader was in smooth mode. I changed it to full and I'm happy now. Thanks for all the advice everybody.

发表时间 Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 11:17 pm
Yeah but how do u make it better with a mixer ? :((((( cause since I hvae the mixer it sounds different from the dj console ! so I wanna know how do it guys with a mixer : smx 301 stanton ! thks
Sonia

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 12:50 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@dj angels. I could not find the smx 301 anywhere. I tried to see if it had a contour adjustment on the crossfader. The 201 doesn't. that is where you can change your crossfader from cut (scratching/early sound entry) to fade/smooth or full (sounds from new song doesn't come in until crossfader is in the middle. I answered you in another post where it sounded as if you had the fader on cut from the problem you described. In any case, an external mixer big benefit is the eq's and the easy access to gain for each channel. Using the eq's as the key to a smooth transition. Swap the bass of the two songs by slowly lowering the outgoing track's bass and raising the incoming tracks bass until the outgoing track is gone. You can also use the kill switches to do it quickly at a key moment in the song.

发表时间 Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 5:44 pm
Sziasztok!!!

Jobban jártok egy keverőpulttal!!!:)

发表时间 Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 3:34 pm
TotyoHome userMember since 2006
hö?
te is magyar vagy?

发表时间 Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 4:04 pm
There's an effect on here called "Fader Start" - put it in FX and you can do starts with the crossfaders - move it to the centre to bring in the new track - the old one will play underneath.

发表时间 Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 11:08 am
how can i make the crossfading go slow,son when one songs ends at least it woulg give somtime for the other one to start

发表时间 Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 3:43 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)