快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Live Video Feed (Freeframe)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just found out in a post over in the new features section that you can have an external video source and use it as a plug-in for Virtual DJ. It works in that I can get an external video source in, however, the video source is upsidedown and reversed. Anyone know anything about this? I'm tired of using an external switch to go between my Laserdisc player and my pc.

Thanks

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 3:00 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
it seems you aren't the only one getting that problem of upside down live video feed.

actually very few users tried that freefame plugin, it's possible the plugin in itself has a bug.
as the developer of that plugin provides the sourcecode, maybe a programmer can correct that bug.

Or you can even try contacting the developer of that plugin.

发表时间 Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 3:12 pm
I've emailed the developer... Does anyone know of another FreeFrame Plug-In that does the same "LIVE" feed? I used the one listed in the post.

发表时间 Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 7:57 pm
How does this work? I mean, if the plugin worked correctly, how do you set this up? You are useing a laserdisc as the live feed? Could I use a video camera as a live feed? If so, how do I hook it up to my computer? In other words, I need all info.

发表时间 Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 11:35 pm
Okay, assuming that this worked correctly, you need to go to this site:

www.petewarden.com

and download:

http://www.petewarden.com/PetesPlugins_FreeFrame1.15.zip

Unzip the file and take the "PeteLivefeed1.dll" and maybe the "PeteLivefeed2.dll" files and put them in "VideoEffects" folder.

Next, on VDJ, select in either the CONFIG or the FX tab above the video screen, one of these FX (BE FOREWARNED that if you attempt to change your FX from either of these to something else, even the other, VDJ will FREEZE, STOP, NOT WORK!!!) Then when you want to go to the live feed, simply press the FX button. Currently, the FX Slider does nothing with this.

Now, regarding your External Video Camera, yes, it will work. I can't possibly know how you connect your video camera, but you could connect it via your graphics card in as SVideo or composite, or you could connect it via Firewire or usb. Lots of ways. In theory, if you had TWO external feeds, let's say a VIVO device or an ALL-In-Wonder with either the VCR, or SVideo plugged in AND you had a digital camera with firewire or a small chat camera that are readily available... in theory whichever device is seen first would show up with livefeed 1 and whichever device showed up second as livefeed2 EXCEPT the aforementioned warning about it hanging the system.

As I have posted in the three or four different areas where this is talked about (also over in the new features section and the plug-in section) the video I get from my camera AND Laserdisc (You could insert DVD here) is backwards and upsidedown. I will see if the source has some very simple way of correcting the problem.

Good Luck!

发表时间 Thu 02 Feb 06 @ 7:51 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Thanks for the information PCGumshoe, some cameras (Webcams) has the option to change the way it send the image. I think we can do this too with a plugin like this. We look forward to see how it goes.

发表时间 Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 8:36 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
back at my computer this weekend, and i just tryed the live video feed plugin.

unfortunately i also have upside down picture.

has anybody tried with a DV camera yet?

i'm sure it's a problem in the source code.

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 2:40 am
I just downloaded and experienced the same results (upside down video, freezing on switch) with my DV cam over FireWire using PeteLiveFeed.

Same result with PeteLiveFeed2 connected to my Hauppage PVR-350 Tuner.

Does anyone know if the SDK facilities I've seen allow one to develop something more integrated than an FX Plug-In? (Note specifically FreeFrame mind you ...)

I mean, it would be ideal to have all of your directx/wdm capture devices enumerated under My Computer in the "Browser" window (at least that's what my skin calls that window.) Where by you could drag and drop any camera (or even scanner?!?) directly into the deck (or play list?) ... this would open up some really interesting possiblities.

I saw that there is code for detecting and selecting WebCams built in to the software already for the Virtual Scratch feature, so this seems like its possible at first glance, but not understanding the internals of the application, I really can't say.

Thanks

发表时间 Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 3:00 am
il_davePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've tryed to connect my Sony camera to the notebook over FireWire and to use the "Camera" plug-in in VDJ 4.1 version.

When I activate the plugin I can see something on screen, but is not the right image but many times the same part of the image...
Everybody knows how to resolve this problem?

Excuse me for my written english...

发表时间 Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 6:37 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)