hooray for me :)))

WOOHOOOOOO!!

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 7:20 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
lol, great to hear that Dj Rudra.

Yes ACW, he is talking about the dj console mk2

发表时间 Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 1:33 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Ok... A happy customer, Glad to hear it...

:-)

发表时间 Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 2:54 pm
happy yes, but a little down right now..

few snafus with the box..

connects fine plays and everything..

however..

1. cannot connect my creative 4.1 thru the rca outs...gives me extremely loud sound even when the volume control of the speakers is way down..

2. therefore i can only connect a stereo desktop thru the minijack and then...there is a very audible hiss that appears when i crank up the volume of the speakers anythig above 40%..

3. i live in india n i am having party on the 5th, sunday, {wish me luck please, my first allout commercial venture}, and apparently i can not connect the speakers that i plan to hire directly to the box because it doesnt have an "xlr"connection and thus, i have to connect the

speakers-->amp-->eq-->external mixer-->hercules dj (via rca to rca )

and correct me if i am wrong, i cannot use the effects buttons ans some other(?) features of the box if i am connected to an external mixer...

4.i cannot seem to get it to work in asio 24bit... works fine otherwise, but still, why not??

i have updated drivers and stuff...what do i do...??

help me please

dj rudra

发表时间 Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 2:02 pm
please someone help me..

i have a gig tomorrow and i am freaking out..

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 2:11 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Rudra - The Hercules DJC MK2 is a good controller but not good as a mixer.., linking the hercules to an external mixer is the best thing you could do! - And of course the effects and all functions still work when the Hercules is linked to the mixer..

You just use the EQ's/crossfader on the mixer (if you wish), other wise you can just put it through one channel and do your best with the hercules alone (which I figure your doing, but once you get a taste for hardware mixers you'll want to use one all the time).

You don't need 24bit settings! - VDJ does not currently support 24bit, 16bit is the industry standard and these are the settings you should use.

If your using 2 channels on the mixer from the herc then you need 4.1 soundcard - mixer setting (in VDJ) or if using a single channel then select the hercules icon as normal.

Hope this helps. If you have the latest drivers for the DJ console you might want to read this:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/45484/Hardware_Technical_Support/Hercules_MK2_with_EXTERNAL_MIXER_setup_work-around_(UNTIL_FIXED_LATER).html

Get back to me..

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 5:03 pm
Make sure that when you connect a stereo input from a digital source (i.e. CD Player or Computer) that you select Line In. Also if you use the controller as a mixer, using VDJ, never set the gain to any track above 0 (some may even recommend a minus number such as -5). Now when you increase the volume you shouldn't get a loud hissing.

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 5:47 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
And to follow that: If your useing a Laptop be sure to plug your laptop into a different outlet to the hardware mixer, this prevents a potential ground loop problem. Most venues have multiple outlets so this shouldn't be a problem.

发表时间 Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 6:19 pm
@bagpuss:

thanks a lot.. although i don't know why that thread is so complicated...

all i finally ended up doing was to connect the herc to an external mixer via a rca-to-rca cable and kept the vol fader and the eq settings as master and tweaked the settings from the herc..

however, now i need to know something else..

so i got the power adapter for the console only how do i know that the console is powered thru the usb or the adapter..

when i connect the desktop speakers thru the minijack, i get a hiss at louder vols whether i use the adapter or not..

cheers

DJ Rudra

发表时间 Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 4:51 pm
djamdHome userMember since 2006
where can i buy it in india
wats the cost
.....plz reply
thnx in advance

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 9:10 am
The average is between $249, but I don't know if you can get it in India.

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 5:57 pm
@dj rudra, try leaving the mk2 plugged into the usb with the computer off and connect the ac adapter, the buttons should light up if I'm not mistaken. About the sound, are you running your speakers from the mk2 or the external mixer?

If through the external mixer, open up the mk2 control panel and make sure it's in wdm mode. Also, try another audio source through the same speakers to determine if it's the speakers themselves;^]

发表时间 Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 8:17 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)