快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Delay between two sound cards?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DeamHome userMember since 2005
I'm currently using two soundcards in Virtual Turntables. I have an Audigy 1 and built in Cmedia 9880. My problem in VTT is that there is a delay between the two cards that makes mixxing nearly impossible, even though the delay is minute.

Does anyone have such issues using VDJ? I am considering purchasing it, but do not want to get it when my problem will cary over.

Hector

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 8:30 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is it possible to use 2 soundcards with demo version?

I never had such issues on my previous computer which had 2 soundcards (using full version).

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 8:35 pm
No, you can't. THat's why I'm asking if this is known to be an issue.

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 9:29 pm
What do you mean by minute delay? We all use 2 or dual soundcards with the full version, with no problems. Now, does it work with your specific card configuration, I can't say. Do you get a delay if you just use either one of these cards, by themselves? Explain delay.

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 11:37 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well I'm not sure what's the problem here, but let's get one thing strait:

Demo version is limited in use of functions and hardware. Meaning no more than one soundcard and one audio ouput is possible.

Full version supports as many outputs as you like with no delay between soundcards (unless one runs in ASIO mode while other not).

Regards.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 12:28 am
it turns out that it seems to be a system wide issue, as it happens in other programs as well.

Also, I realize that the demo version is locked, that is why I am asking in advance becuase I didn't want to purchase a product thinking it would fix an issue that it won't.

How do you know, as well, if somethign is running in ASIO mode or not, be it in VDJ or any other program.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 1:42 am
Deam I once used 2 soundcards and I did get a delay which was only a few ms in difference in VDJ. The reason for the delay is because they were not the same soundcard. one was onboard and the other was a soundblaster Live. Both soundcards process the sound at different speed buffers which made 1 song (lets say Deck A) play slightly ahead of Deck B

beat matching was still possible although the wave display had to have 1 wave slightly ahead of the other in order to have them properly matched and you would require using headphones to make sure they were right on.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 6:25 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Deam,

ASIO is soported BY the soundcard, not only by VDJ and is a way to get faster response from the hardware bypassing the WDM Drivers to directly use the hardware in ASIO mode.

If there is not enough for you that ALL of US are telling you that You may not have this problems in the Profesional Version, I can help you there.

Hope to see you soon as a full member to be as happy as all we are :-)

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 8:42 am
Deam , you can also use ASIO4all, that will emulate the asio driver for your soundcard.
and set a latency for both soundcards separately, so if there's a little latency you can make it equal on both cards i think.

But minute is very long, it's something wrong with your system i think.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 12:10 pm
Sorry for the confusion. I don't mean minute as in time, but minute as in small! The delay is small. LIke a few milliseconds, but it makes it hard to beatmatch without using waveforms as what you hear in the headphones on the second card is actually too small.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 7:11 pm
As for explaining the delay:

Lets say, in the case of this other program, VTT, I set the monitor to be using the onboard CMI 9800 Azalia, and the mains to be using my SB audigy.

When I monitor the track that is playing, there is a slight difference in the timing. The mains are slightly ahead of the monitor.

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 7:23 pm
Deam I have answered this question in the previous post although if you didn't catch it here it is again

its normal to get a difference since you are using 2 different soundcards and they both process the music differently.

If you want to fix this you can either get 2 identical soundcards (although this might cause some confusions when not using VDJ) Or you can get yourself a good ASIO soundcard like the U46DJ, Maya 44 USB, or one of the Delta cards from M-Audio (44 or 66)

This will surely fix the problem and you will be able to align the beats together without any problem at all in VDJ.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 9:46 pm
Thank you for the reply, I guess there isn't much to do then.

发表时间 Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 12:29 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)