快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Satisfied with Maya 44 USB sound ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Well, after having tried an Audigy 2 ZS notebook card, the quality of the sound is night and day with the Maya 44 USB, meaning the sound from the Audigy is way better than from the Maya...

And since there's no way to use the Maya USB for TCVs inputs and the Audigy 2 for outputs simultaneously, is there any way to improve on the sound quality when wanting to use TCVs as control, short of buying new and expensive hardware ?

I really need better sound for use in a club environment...

发表时间 Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 7:06 am
why is there no way of using the MAYA for in, and Soundblaster for out?

Should be possible, if both are running asio, and can be connected at the same time to your PC.

I have read in other forums that not everybody are all happy with Maya soundquality.
Never tested it myself, so cant tell

发表时间 Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 7:14 am
VDJ won't let you use Maya for inputs with TCVs and another card for outputs...

发表时间 Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 8:08 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Use asio4all to do that.

发表时间 Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 6:34 pm
Downloaded asio4all 2.6, re-installed drivers for Maya and Audigy 2 ZS, just can't get it to work...

How can you make this work ? I'd like to be able to use the Maya inputs for TCVs and the Audigy outputs to the mixer...

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 10:08 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I don't recommend you to do such a complex setup for TCV, you'll loose stability/reliability, that's for sure, and i'm sure this is important for you too...
Real asio drivers "talk" directly to hardware and need "exclussive" connections.
(asio4all is an adapter to existing wdm drivers btw.)

As for the sound, i still believe that maya has acceptable quality 20bit Dac's (digital-to ananalog converters) much better than consumer cards.
I'd say they are pro-level like most mid priced -pro- cd players.
You can't convince me that a creative card has so much better converters (i'd say the opposite...)
I'f you were talking about an RME or Digidesign card that would be different...
These cards have High-end converters.

Some things to look at:
1. Your maya may be undepowered, due to not enough current from your laptop's usb port.
This will give some kind of distortion and not enough "punch" to the sound.
Try another pc desktop or laptop if possible to see if any better.
Also try to unplug and plug the card after windows bootup, to "refresh" the power, i had some problems with desktops that keep the 5V in the usb port even after computer shut down.
2. You're pcmcia card may have just louder sound than the maya and give you the impression of better sound. Confirm you have the outputs of maya's mixer to max and the gain to your hardware mxer well adjusted.
3. Try the maya without TCV and compare the sound.
Also try the sound in one soundcard setup (wdm mode)
Raise the asio buffer for that (to normal +wdm i think)
4. Try another program (winamp), and ofcource use always (the same) good quality sound files when comparing the two cards.

What buffer/latency settings you have in the maya control panel ?
Have you changed anything there ?
Driver version ?

发表时间 Wed 04 Jan 06 @ 2:05 pm
Ok, so scratch asio4all, besides it doesn't work...

I have drivers 2.5.5 and kept all the default settings, outputs are almost at max level in the asio config panel. I have used the Maya+VDJ+TCCDs on both a laptop and desktop...

Is there anything I can do to make it sound better ?

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 4:05 am
Another question, would the cardbus e-mu 1616 or 1616m soundcards give me better sound quality ?

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 4:07 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
There are better than Maya 44 USB, and cost 2 times more. Sure you could use this professional soundcards and have a better quality than common soundcards.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 5:17 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)