快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: DIY project.... midi box with crossfader.... anyone?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I know it can be done... I want to know how?

I want to use it as a video crossfader and maybe a few buttons for selecting the transitions... or would it be cheaper to get the x-sessions midi controller and strickly use it for that?

any input would be appreciated!!

发表时间 Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 9:11 am

发表时间 Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 4:02 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Very expensive (179€) for those little controllers.

It might be better to find out how to make our own midi crossfader

发表时间 Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 5:52 pm
I saw those.. very nice and very expensive for just a dedicated video crossfader.
I know if you look at DJ Cyder's blog he apparently built his own onto a mixer.... I would love to find out how. Even if it was little box I could attach on anything would be nice too.

发表时间 Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 7:38 pm
The average street price for a MIDI pict chip needed for only basic stuff like a crossfader would be at least 70-100 US$ to start with. Then you would have to add the fader, passive electronics, design a PCB, add connectors, built the thing, put it in housing and hope it works..

buying the faderfox unit is way cheaper and more reliable..

发表时间 Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 1:21 am
thanks for the input.. I will research the faderfox more.

发表时间 Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 1:31 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You should be able to get a used Hercules MK1 on ebay cheap, especially now that so many will be upgrading to the MK2. You can then disect it and use it's controllers, including the faders and crossfader for whatever you want. You could even just stick it all in a small box with just the crossfader available if you wanted to. That is basically what Cyder did.... Frankenstein'd his old Hercules. I will be doing likewise.

发表时间 Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 8:49 pm
AH HA!!... I was wondering what he used to create his video crossfader mod on his mixer.

I am just wonder how hard it would be to create such a smaller box with a few buttons and crossfader...

I just don't think I have the money to spend on a Fader Fox right now...

发表时间 Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 8:53 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)