快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Few questions...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djkorroPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

I am considering to buy VDJ. But first I would like to know few things...

1a. I have a laptop which has got P4mobile 1.2 Ghz Cpu and 512 memory with maya44 usb. Can I able to use VDJ with time coded vinyls and cds without any problems in this system or what is the recomended spec?
1b. What is the lowest latency rate for maya44usb? If its depends on the speed of my computer, then what would it be approx. in my laptop?

2. How long it takes to load a song?

3. Can load my own playlists files which has got an extension .m3u or .pls? Or is there a way to convert these extensions to the extensions that VDJ using?

4. Can I install VDJ to multiple computers?

5. How many times you noticed that VDJ crashed?

Thank you everyone...

发表时间 Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 6:21 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1a. For TCVs i would recommend 1024 memory. If you don't plan to use videos you don't need an appropriate graphic card in your computer and it seems your's is allright if it will only be audio files you will be using.

1b. lowest latency rate for maya44usb would be between 3 and 4 milliseconds. Under 10 milliseconds, humans can't see any difference. Usually the latency with the maya44usb is around 5 milliseconds. This would be the latency rate on your computer.

2. To load a song, depends on, it's bitrate, the length and your CPU. I would say it takes 10 to 15 seconds to load a song of 8 minutes on your computer. But download the demo and you will see how fast it goes.

3. Yes you can load your playlist files, in .m3u extension. .pls isn't supported yet.

4. If you are the only one using VDJ with your own license, you can install it on all your computers. If VDJ is to be used in a club with multiple DJs, then it can only be installed on 1 computer.

5. With a clean Windows, with the less amount of things installed VDJ would like never crash. It is very stable if your computer is clean from spywares and other cpu consuming softwares, and if your registry is clean, i mean, don't install a bunch of software and then uninstall it. This would slow down your computer and VDJ Could crash.

Hope to see you soon as a full member ;)

发表时间 Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 7:57 pm
Thank you for your reply... I just bought the software which is wonderful. I am happy to join VDJ.

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 12:16 am
wow... that was fast!! :)

WELCOME AS A FULL MEMBER KORRO ;)

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 1:25 am
Here is the first problem after purchase :) I did all my calibration stuff for TCV`s and maya. But I am hearing a bit creaking sound, especially when I bypass TCV`s and using normal vinyls. All I know is, its not because of the stylus or the cartridge. I hope someone understands my problem cause I think this is the only way I can explain.

And also I am not using the same system that I mention before. The system that I am using is P4 3.2, 2048MB RAM. So there shouldn`t be any problems...

Thank you...

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 2:56 am
I would like to add something to my last post. I also cant do scratching because VDJ cant get the sounds when I move TCV`s slowly and sound very robotic when moving abit faster... Latency input is 3 output is 4. So it should catch these sounds... What can be the problem. Thank you...

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 4:11 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djkorro,

Welcome as a full member!!!

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 8:18 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Welcome as a full member.

Sorry i can't answer your next problem.

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 05 @ 8:30 am
First thank you for your welcome... And second are there any solutions to my problems?

Thank you...

发表时间 Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 12:18 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
using VDJs bypass is not very high quality it wont sound as good as the direct vinyl, how can it its getting digitized and anolgisized, can you describe the creaking sound in any more detail?

发表时间 Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 2:32 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)