快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Opinion Needed.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

What's up guys, I was thinking of getting a new laptop and this is what I was thinking of getting. Reason i'm asking for opinions is cause i've had a couple of friends complaining about Gateway computers. But this one seems pretty good performance wise. Let me know what you think about it. It's a Gateway 532 Notebook with HT Technology 7330GZ Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor 532; 15.4" widescreen, 80 GB Hard drive, 512mb pc 2700 DDr Memory for $1100. Do you think this is good for VirtualDJ.
Or this for the same price.Hewlett Packard AMD Athlon™ 64 processor 3200+* with 64-bit platform; 2000MHz system bus with HyperTransport™ and PowerNow!™ technologies and enhanced virus protection for Windows XP SP2 512MB PC2700 DDR memory for multitasking power, expandable to 2GB

发表时间 Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 2:47 am
Yes, it is good.

发表时间 Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 2:55 am
i think this will be batter Hewlett Packard AMD Athlon™ 64 processor 3200+* with 64-bit platform AMD run very cool

发表时间 Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 6:51 am
But the AMD is 2.0GHZ and the Gateway is 3.06GHZ. Still think AMD is better?

发表时间 Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 10:31 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Mantahoe,

I vote for Gateway in here, seems better machine. But if you plan to do videos, the other think to consider is the built in Video Card. Gateway comes with Intel® Extreme 2 Graphics Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT) supports up to 64MB shared video memory, and HP comes with 128MB ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/Hypermemory(TM). Look specs in both and none of them are the best for video. They are excelent for music.

Maybe these topic could help you to decide: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/40031/Hardware_Technical_Support/_video__laptop.html

Good Luck!

发表时间 Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 6:01 am
Thanks acw_dj, I was leaning toward the Gateway too so i've made up my mind. I'm gonna get it. I'm not really interested in mixing videos. My next question> Since i'm getting a new laptop and I wanna re-install VDJ, How do I go about it?(i'm selling my old laptop). I don't want it to seem like i'm distributing copies of VDJ. I wanna be able to continue downloading updates and plugins.

发表时间 Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 7:48 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)