快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Experienced 2 different bugs with "backspin" effect

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I got 2 different bugs during 2 different gigs, both after using the "backspin" effect:

Bug #1:

A song is playing on deck 1. Another song is cued on deck 2. I stop the song on deck 1 using the "backspin" effect, and simultaneously mix in the song on deck 2. About 15 minutes later, after having done a few more mixes without the use of effects, the song playing on deck 2 suddenly backspins itself to a stop. This happens without me touching anything. Had to quickly start a new song to fill in the blank hehe...

Bug #2:

A song is playing on deck 2. I decide to stop it using the "backspin" effect, and mix in the song cued on deck 1. Then, I load a new song on deck 2. When attempting to cue this new song, I press "play" and, in the headphones, I hear the song that was previously playing on deck 2 (the one I interrupted with the "backspin" effect). To resolve this, I had to press "stop", and then "play" again. Only at this point did I hear the correct song in the headphones.

Please note that I'm using Virtual DJ release 3.2 and a pair of XP10 (VDJ Pro) controllers. I stream the sound output through each XP10's sound card.

My computer is as follows:

Toshiba P30 with Pentium 4 3.06 GHz
4200 RPM hard drive 100 gig
1 gig ram
Win XP Pro SP2
ATI Radeon Mobile graphic card
Direct-X 9.0c

Regards,

Internodal.

发表时间 Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 8:17 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For the first bug, do you remember the other effects you had in the slots?

For the second bug, i know the bug and how to correct it (there is a function in the SDK to free the buffer when you load a new song) but i don't have the source code as it belongs to Atomix Productions

发表时间 Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 1:14 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
About the first bug, I think a few times I stopped the "vinyl" myself before the effect turned itself off, and when I forgot to turn it off, and loaded the new song, it automatically engage itself in a while (probably same time as it was used on previous track). Didn't try to reproduce it thought :)

发表时间 Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 11:17 am
DJCel,

The three effects I always have loaded are:

Slot 1: Beat Grid (Micro-Grid)
Slot 2: Backspin
Slot 3: Flanger

As for the second bug, can I easily find the item you refer to, without messing everything up in the SDK?

Thanks!

Internodal.

发表时间 Sat 10 Dec 05 @ 8:49 am
I had bug#1 happen to me as well, but it only happened once. I chalked it up to a bug with the hercules DJ Console, But if you were not using one then it may be an issue.

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 2:40 pm
Happened once to me too. Dac2, NUmark DXM01

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 3:09 pm
I've had bug #1 happen to me too a few times - Several times with XP10's and once with timecode vinyls .

Most of the times, the effect triggered near the end of the song in a way that it sounded like I meant to do it (Managed to start the next track quickly enough.)

At the time, my FX were: #1 = Flanger, #2 = Brake, #3 = Spinback.

Since getting the DAC-3, I've not had the problem because I don't use the spinback effect anymore (Can do this with the DAC-3 jogwheels :)

I've never had flanger or brake trigger by themselves.

发表时间 Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 4:20 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)