快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Normalizing volume (dB)? Bit rate? etc

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi everyone,

1) Does anyone know the standard rate for the volume of a CD? I have a normalizing program and it is asking what dB I want to make the normalizing.

2) What is the ideal bit rate in kbps? I usually get 128 off the internet but I was told that the quality is not good enough for clubs

3) Whats the best way to mix songs together once they are beatmatched. At what part of the song?

发表时间 Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 7:16 am
I use my sound editor's recorder to monitor the level. When I click RECORD in the editor, it shows you the the waveform REALTIME...then I adjust my output to keep the waveform from maxing out. Doesnt' matter hold loud the signal is on your phones or monitor...the recorded waveform is what is ABSOLUTELY being digitized.

You can use a level meter, but I don't think it's accurate enough UNLESS your meter shows many frequency bands...not just master level.

he program I use is Audacity (free and very basic).

DJ Z

发表时间 Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 6:17 am
Sorry forgot to answer one of your questions...

1) Does anyone know the standard rate for the volume of a CD? I have a normalizing program and it is asking what dB I want to make the normalizing.

ANSWER: Levels in a digital audio signal are usually expresed in dB, measured by their relationship to 0 dB, the highest possible level. One of the rules of digital audio is that a signal can never exceed 0 dB. If the level of a signal is raised too much, the peaks will be clipped at the 0 dB level. Clipping, of cuorse, causes distortion.

2) What is the ideal bit rate in kbps? I usually get 128 off the internet but I was told that the quality is not good enough for clubs

ANSWER: There are three primary standards used for commercial digital audio: 16-bit 44KHz for CD Audio, 16-bit 96KHz for DVD and 24-bit 192KHz for DVD-Audio.

It depends on the quality of the equipment you play your music on. If your equipment can reproduce 160K or higher, then use that bitrate. Of course, the speakers on the system have to be very high fidelity as well.

发表时间 Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 7:02 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I usually rip at 192kbps.

发表时间 Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 3:28 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use 192 as well. better quality without creating too large a file

发表时间 Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 5:13 pm
FOCUS01Home userMember since 2005
WELL ANYTHING OVER 0db Then becomes Distortion so i would be aiming to stay under 0db 4 a starterz. Not mega amounts but i always have my setttings when recording a mix etc . @ around

-1.5 db it all depends on weather or not you actually use EQz to your advantage .2 ????

发表时间 Fri 16 Dec 05 @ 12:14 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)