快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Beginner question about Time Coded Vinyl

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

How exactly does Time Codedy Vinyl work with VDJ? I want to use it with a laptop to DJ at a club with regular turntables. Final Scratch and Serato have this hardware that plugs into the hardware. Does Virtual DJ have this? Am I missing something? Please email me the answer at --@--.-- Thank you very much.

Steve

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry stevekuznick no email address is allowed from a demo user

发表时间 Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 5:23 pm
VDJ can use any soundcard with line-in, preferably 2x line-in for 2 turntables, and ASIO for low latency.

VDJ Timecodes tells the software in real-time what you are doing at your turntable, in that way your turntable works as a controller for VDJ and its just like playing regular vinyl... :)

VDJ is not restrained to one hardware (like other dj soft), but can use most soundcards.

Hope that helps

发表时间 Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 7:20 pm
That does help. But let me ask you a question. If the software is so much better and the hardware takes less equipment..why does everyone use final scratch or serato? If you goodl Virtual DJ..there are so many less hits than FS and Serato too. Is it quality?

Steve

发表时间 Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 11:49 pm
Everyone does not use the products you mention ;) after all, there are thousands of happy users here at this forum.... :) all glad to help you if you need....

One reason for you might have heard more about the other products, might be because they have been around a bit longer ? I dont know....

One thing to consider too, is the price... VDJ timecode solution is far cheeper to buy...
And upgrades for new versions have been free for all registered users so far (other software you have to pay each time)

发表时间 Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 10:20 am

发表时间 Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 10:56 am
djclearPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm trying to use timecode cds but i'm not having much luck.
i can't get it to configure properly. i am using the denon 5ks
and a maya 44 usb sound card. my laptop is a 3gig with a 100
gig hard drive. the software works fine on its own with the sound
card but when i try to config the timecode cds it won't detect the
signal.

发表时间 Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 10:28 pm

发表时间 Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 10:56 pm
stevekuznick,

To better give you an explination about the TCVs.

Many DJ software exists which support TCVs (Miss Pinky, Serato, Final Scratch, etc) Each software has their own attributes.

Serato (at the present time) seems to offer the closest possible feel and sound of original vinyl. This is great if that is what you are looking for, however you can take a look at the price of the software. Its nowhere near cheap and doesn't have many features that Virtual DJ or FS has.

Virtual DJ = Best Bang for your buck. Offers you a good feel of original vinyl (not exact same control since the algorithms can better but still a pretty close feel). VDJ Offers effects, looping, samples and many other options which I have not seen FS or SSL offer which they are both sold for much more then VDJ.

Big difference as well is in what you are getting. FS and SSL comes with a soundcard so you can connect your current DJ setup. VDJ doesn't require a DJ setup. You can use the software without turntables or CD decks. FS and SSL DOES NOT! provide this feature unfortunatelly.

I personally don't think any TCV can replace the true vinyl for the simple fact that TCV sends a time signal as opposed to the vinyl sends the actual song. Lower the Latency the better the control you have. The only real issues I have with the VDJ TCVs (at the moment) is the scratch sound when you scratch very low or very fast besides that its perfect.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 11:34 pm
Thank you Norway and whiteDVL. Norway, how do I know that you are impartial? It sounds like you work for Virtual DJ and Atomix. 2nd) this is on a Virtual DJ forum not a 3rd party forum. I still don't undestand why everyone (in the US at least) does not use VDJ if it is so much cheaper and does not require additional hardware such as FS or Serato. Plus I love the beatmatching aspect and all the samples, sound effects etc. Is there a key lock by the way? Remember, if something sounds to good to be true..it is. I am just being the devil's advocate here.

Steve
IM:dance4thedj
dance4thedj at bigfoot . com

发表时间 Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 7:06 am
hehe... none of us WORK for Atomix (Virtual DJ), we are just regular users, that devote some time to help other users here at this forum...

But I can understand you are sceptical :)

As far as dj software goes, its really not a HUGE difference, they are all dj mp3 applications. Go with the software that you like the most, and have the features and feel, that you need ;)

I will only say this :
- Virtual DJ have lots more features that most other
- Virtual DJ have a far better community of users
- Virtual DJ develops faster for the better than the rest
- Virtual DJ's upgrades and updates have been free for all full users (other djs soft you have to pay!)

A little comparison (though from VDJ company) here :
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html (look at the bottom of the page)

You can always download demo version of all the software you want to test, to compare yourself :)

Hope you soon will find out what software you like the most :) and feel free to ask more, if you have any questions ;)

发表时间 Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 8:03 am
Yeah the software comparisson table at the bottom of the site sure is good. Don't forget that Atomix might not spend millions on advertising as Rane (Serato Scratch Live) and Stanton (FS). I had found a comparisson chart once online which showed much more then the one on the VDJ site.

Basically here is the breakdown.

for the closest vinyl feel and control = Serato (Much more expensive and lacks all the options VDJ has like effects and samples at the touch of a button)

one of the cheapest and gives much more options as to what you can do and how to do it = VDJ.

Lots of users go with what they know. Rane and Stanton are very well known companies in the DJ industry and PCDJ has been around for many years as well. Compare it to DJ equipment. How many DJs go out and buy Technics just because they already know it and they know it performs well? I have 2 Numark TTx (well 1 at the moment since I had to ship one back for a defect but anyhow) I've been using the TTx and love it. Great turntable, lots of features but the only thing I can actually complain on really is the Numark after sales service I got.

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 4:04 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)