快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: PLEASE HELP! JUST BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE......

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

v2o777PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello:

I jus purchased the full version of the virtual dj.

I have been a professional DJ for many years.

YET for the life of me I cannot get a headphone cue to work.

Here is what I have.

Gateway Laptop with Conextant AMC Audio Soundcard.
I have ONE mini line in
I have ONE mini line out
2 USB ports.

I have a USB headset as well as regular headphones.

I have tried and tried to configure how to hear a cue in the headphones and CANNOT.

If it is a splitter I need, Please explain how this works as it seems a splitter would STILL send the CUE sound to the speakers as well as the Headphones....

I love this program = Bought it

Please walk me through this part.

Thanks!
Theresa

发表时间 Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 7:21 am
The Splitter works like this

line out goes to stereo splitter which splits the signal into 2 mono signals, one to headphones and one to speakers, you will have to use external speakers not onboard laptop speakers if you use a laptop

Go into soundacard settings and choose the second option with the stereo splitter graphic.

You will only get Mono sound to speakers and headphones but you will be able to cue

To cue in stereo you will need 2 soundcards. or a 4.1 soundcard,

If you have an external mixer you can choose 5th souncard selection, and use your mixer to ue like you normally would.

hope this helps, any more questions feel free to ask.

and make sure you register on this site so you show up as a pro edition user

发表时间 Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 7:54 am
OK so there is NO way to have a stereo feed going out this way with a headphone cue correct??

Would one of the USB sound cards work?

By the way I registered right before buying and I can't seem to find where to update my profile to show that I am a real user now......

Thanks.

发表时间 Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 7:58 am
Not with your current setup no. A usb soundcard (maya 44) would work great and allow you to have stereo sound an cue.

contact e-service about your registration problem
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

发表时间 Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:01 am
You have been so kind. Does it have to be 4.1 or would a 5.1 or even a 7.1 serve the same purpose?

Thank you so much!

发表时间 Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:13 am
Well actually any usb soundcard will work. there are settings inside virtual dj to send the cueing channel (in stereo) to headphones and master channel out (stereo) to any second soundcard, so you would be using your soundcard you have now and a usb soundcard

and its no problem helping you thats why i'm here on the forum

发表时间 Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:18 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
click on "modify my profile" just above, next to your name

发表时间 Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 4:04 pm
It was suggested I use the MAYA44 USB - Analog 4 in 4 out USB Audio Interface To solve the stereo out and stereo headphone cue situation.

HOWEVER I have searched HIGH And LOW and his piece of hard ware is not in stock ANYWHERE.

Could users please suggest other USB audo interfaces that would be fully compatible? And would MORE than 4 in 4 out do the job as well.

I am running a laptop so I need to to be USB.

Thanks you all have been so great!

Theresa

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 10:22 am

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 10:34 am
Thank for registering

Before buying a maya 44 (sorry dj gauge, it's not the only way ;-) ), does your usb headset recognize in VDJ? Do you see it listed among the sound card?

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 11:37 am
i didn't think that vdj would recognize it as a soundcard but if it does thats awesome

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 12:19 pm
My setup does NOT recognize my headphones (USB) as a sound card - it only overides the line outs and cuts off the speakers so is of no use in the mixing via headsets that I want to do.

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 12:27 pm
Dj Gauge:

But the Hercules is much more expensive AND comes bundled with the Virtual Dj program that I already bought? Is there a way to buy this hardware without the added cost of the Virtual Dj program That I have already bought? Seems as if if I have to use this hardware I will have paid twice for virutal dj?

What is the solution?
Thanks!
Theresa

PS and yes everwhere on the net including Musicians friend does not have the Maya in stock.

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 12:42 pm
check you private messages

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 1:35 pm
Sorry Dj_Gauge, I thought. But the idea is interesting for the constructors ;-)
(An USB headset recognized like a soundcard with only one output: terrific !!)

Imagine on a laptop, it woud be useless to buy an external soundcard

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 3:47 pm
Yeah that would be a great idea, I wonder how it send sound thru it with other programs if it doesnt recognize it as a soundcard? and how would it take precedence over you onboard soundcard? interesting issue

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 3:57 pm
Yes very good question. For me it worked like a sound card so...

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 4:18 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)