快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: New bee. need help

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ewingPRO InfinityMember since 2005
could anybudy here show me what i need to do to hook up a complete system of DJ.
I have my virtual DJ 3.1 on laptop, i wanna buy some more hardware like mixer, 2 single cd player etc. But i dont know how to start, could you please show me what to buy from a cable to hook stuff up then. Which sound card should i buy? etc.
THanks.

发表时间 Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 6:26 am
Since I don't use an external soundcard, I will let someone else speak on that issue. What I will advise is, buy what you really want, not what you can afford. You will be sorry, and end up spending the money anyway, later. Save for what you want. If money is not an issue, then spend away. As for a mixer. I am assuming you want to use this professionally. So go for a 4 channel mixer, this way you are not limited to only two sources playing at once. I like Rane mixers, but Denon, and Pioneer are top performers. Size may be a factor you need to consider. Do you ned one or two Mic channels? Let us know exactly what you want to do.

发表时间 Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 10:39 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

发表时间 Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 3:51 pm
thanks y'all.
acw_dj said i could find a FREE ASIO but then i've found one site actually sell it for 44 euros. are those the same thing?
I'm in a countryside and there's no club/dj in here, even if i wanna take some course i wouldnt find anybody. So far so good, i need to buy a Maya 44 usb, 2 turntables, 1 mixer, download ASIO, then what should i do next? like how to plug/hook up, and even do you have any tutorial of Virtural DJ 3.1? I still dont even know how to use it. :( sorry guys, i'm new bee.

发表时间 Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 6:01 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Welcome ewing. I'm not sure i understand your question to ACW but I haven't heard of many folks using a soundcard that cheap successfully. To use TCV you need at least 4 inputs and 4 outputs. What I have for TCV is what you said. 2 TT's (get direct drive), a mixer (you get what you pay for) and maya 44 usb and use the asio drivers that come with it or download the latest from the audiotrak website. Here is the info on how to set up. Cstoll has an even better explanation in his blog.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

Good luck. I would also suggest you search the forums with keywords like, TCV or mixing, or etc.. Lot's of good mixing tips in the mixing forum as well.

发表时间 Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 9:23 pm
yeah, i've just ordered a dj kit but not the Turntables one. I will start with the CD first then, since i dont even know how to use the Virtural DJ , i think it might be more easy for me thou. But i couldnt find any tutorial about using Virtual DJ 3.1 :( . Well, i admit the fact that i know nothing about the DJs stuff, but i really wanna learn it.

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 8:00 pm
Ewing,

Go to the Djing Forum; Mix Lessons and Music Discussion. Look over the forums, read and practice. Every Maya 44 USB or other ASIO supported Sound CArds have their own drivers. If your soundcard is not ASIO supported then you could use ASIO4ALL. You don't have to buy your ASIO drivers unless the maker of the soundcard adviced you for that option.

Good Luck!

发表时间 Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 4:53 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ewing. VDJ is a lot easier to learn then external CD's or Turntables..not as fun but much easier to make nice mixes. Like ACW says, go to the mixing and music forum and read. There are many good posts and tutorials. You can also get a DVD (Producer Series from MVP are pretty good) on beatmixing, etc. to learn more. Good luck and happy practicing. As far as the tutorial for VDJ, just start playing around with it. You'll figure it out :)

发表时间 Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 9:29 pm
On a laptop, one of the best cards you can get is the Echo Indigo DJ card. It has 2 seperate channels for you. The site I bought mine from is now out of business.

发表时间 Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 4:36 am
kamaleonzito,

Este es un for en inglés. Ve al foro en español para expresarte en español.

Saludos!

This is an english forum, please use the spanish forum to talk in this language.

发表时间 Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 12:54 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)