快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Screw D.js

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Do we have any guys who have any tips on chopping and screwing? I am a screw d.j

发表时间 Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 8:19 pm
Wow, I learn something new here every day, lol.

发表时间 Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 10:59 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
LOL...me too. Haven't heard it yet though. Sorry to here that DJ Screw died. Learned about cough syrup for recreation too :) DJ Moe, sorry don't have any tips. I guess you get that you can move the pitch to slow it down in VDJ. Sounds like that's one of the main things behind this style. Then I suppose you add instrumentals over it to create a more melodic sound. Good luck.

发表时间 Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 4:12 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Screwing music is exactly that. This style involves slowing down the vocals to half the speed of the song, and looping a 1/2 beat on the upbeat on the music part almost makeing the song sound as if it were in 3/4 time. The style was made popular by dj screw now dead. I think its the worst thing to happen to music since laffy taffy. IMHO leave it alone, this isn't the way the artists wanted it to be, and it sounds crappy. Dj's shouldn't be using anything less then 60 bpm anyway unless you like your dancefloor to sleepwalk.

发表时间 Fri 11 Nov 05 @ 6:44 pm
Yo
Where i play we call that style of music ''Mid Tempo''

发表时间 Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 8:40 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yeah i'm actually amazed that people like listening to music where it sounds like your boombox batteries are dying. I think if it might be ok if it's just downtempo beats but the vocals sound like crap. Anyone can listen to music anyways you want but for clubs I wouldn't suggest dropping any C&S

发表时间 Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 9:28 pm
i'm actually from houston texas where screw music originated. i chop and screw on occasion. i have 2 different methods. I either put the same song on both decks and slow them both down to the same BPM (where they groove right so you just have a slight head nod, lol) thenplay one deck one beat behind the other then slide crossfader back and forth to chop up the track ( also you move the cueing trak half a beat behind the other and move crossfader quicker to get different sounds) just make sure you move crossfader on beat lol

other way which is easier, i use the beat grid effect and select micro grid. the have the track playing slow and effect on with it playing the beats in the right order then change the pattern up on the fly while track is playing. sounds great and too easy.

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:28 pm
i am not sure the beat grid effect is in the demo though. but you will be able to work just fine with the first way i mentioned

good luck!

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:30 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)