快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Rookie/Newbie mixing questions

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, I'm new here, just downloaded the trial version of DJMixstation 3...very impressive.

I'm an OLD radio DJ, a DJ from the 1970's rock era rather than modern Dance music. My "mixing" experience was simply cross-fading intro/outro, rather than modern mixing where one has to get the beats correct.

My aim is to learn how to mix dance music (trance , house, techno). I see there is a lot to read here in this forum, I will will read through them all over the next few days but thought I would ask one question to get me started.

I see in the help file/PDF document that comes with the trial version, that one needs to "match the beats" . and the instructions illustrate how to get things "in phase" and "rhythms overlap"

DJMixstation makes this easy to do, but once done it does not sound "right" to me. I took two of the songs that came with the trial version, made two remixes of certain sections that appeared to compliment eachother , synchronized the beats, and then played them together using the cross fader.. They sounded "off". However, everything sounded perfectly good (for a first attempt) when instead of overlapping the rhythms I matched them so that they were exactly the same. Cross-fading and setting it so I could hear both turntable 1 and turn table two equally, produced a really nice blend.

So, this rookie is confused. When would overlapping, as opposed to matching, be the thing to do ?

Andy.

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 7:22 pm
hemanHome userMember since 2005

发表时间 Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 6:15 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)