快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: a laptop and a SB EXTIGY during gigs?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DavidPRO InfinityMember since 2001
Hi,
I'm thinking of buying a SB extigy for my laptop. I know, there are already many posts concering the extigy in this forum, but my question is: does anybody use their laptop with an extigy during live performances? Mixing at home is one thing, but in front of people, you don t want your computer to crash after a while or that skipping occurs when playing songs.
Atomix never failed on me so far. Until now, i've been using my laptop (Toshiba Dynabook, PIII-800, 256 Ram) and an external hardisk ( thru PCMCIA) during small parties. Every 2 or 3 hours i reset my computer, because i can feel that it gets slower. I usualy switch to md or cd then for a few minutes to give my laptop the time to restart.
The only reason for buying the Extigy would be that it will give me the possibility to prelisten my songs (don t like the splitter option). So, i need some input from you guys using the extigy; does it slow down your laptop, does it crash now and then, is the sound quality ok?). Thanks! D.

发表时间 Sat 28 Jun 03 @ 7:44 pm
DavidPRO InfinityMember since 2001
I decided not to wait and bought the Extigy. I tested it a couple of hours at home and yesterday I tried it during a gig at a small club. It went flawless. I used the Extigy's front speakers' output to connect with the mixing desk and used my laptop's soundcard to prelisten songs. No skipping, no system crashes...and the sound was definitely better than before (when i used to connect my internal soundcard directly to the mixer). Don t know about other external soundcards, but the Extigy is ok!!
D.

ps: Creative released the "Extigy Light" some time ago here (in Japan). It costs less then the normal Extigy, the only difference between the two is that in the Light version the dolby digital conversion is done by software.

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 4:10 pm
Well done :)
good to see it works ;)

发表时间 Sun 06 Jul 03 @ 4:22 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)