快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Hip Hop DJ's where are you ? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I am mostly a hip hop/rap DJ. I was wondering if there are any other people out there that mostly mix that genre.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

发表时间 Mon 08 Jul 02 @ 2:39 am
Come on there are no Hip Hop Dj's ??

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 02 @ 3:21 pm
sorry dood, crap wouldnt be crap without rap
:P

jk

发表时间 Tue 09 Jul 02 @ 7:30 pm
Hey ! It is a very difficult genre to beatmix. Just wanted to know if there were any other people out there using atomix to DJ hip hop and rap.

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 02 @ 12:29 am
eheh
i know.
i'm just teasin bud. I realize its hard to beatmix ...cant just use the auto button without trainwrecking.

did u get a chance to listen to my mix?

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 02 @ 7:47 am
Y eah I listened to it briefly. It is definately smooth. I have not heard any of the tracks before so its hard to be a critic. But i will probably play it on thursday at the bar I work at. I will let you know what they think !

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 02 @ 2:51 pm
ahah...sweet... :D

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 02 @ 3:56 pm
I am into lots of Reggae ... a little bit of Hip-Hop and RB ... variety is the spice of life .... You should see what I have on my hard driver .... from ATB to Michael Jackson to metallica to ludacris, etc.

发表时间 Wed 10 Jul 02 @ 4:37 pm
yeah..same here...
i have alot of rock that i use for weddings and stuff, but i also DJ industrial and alot of dark stuff for certain parties....i got all kinds of jungle, trance, techno, house, tribal, breaks, elektro, triphop, acid jazz...

发表时间 Thu 11 Jul 02 @ 8:08 am
OOOPs, that was me ....^^^^

发表时间 Thu 11 Jul 02 @ 8:08 am
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
Yeah I mix hip-hop/r&b with Atomix, and I'm really hanging out for the new turntable effects from dj corpse...

Just wondering, how do you do ur transitions? I usually mix 16 or 32 beats over the chorus of the outgoing song, and mix into the chorus of the incoming song. At the end of the 16/32 beats of the outgoing song, I usually use the turntable brake effect with a very short timeframe. Also, at the start of the transition, I have the incoming song's volume at about half, and while increasing its volume, I decrease the outgoing song's volume. This is because if both songs are played at full volume at the same time, the overall volume drops after the transition, which doesn't sound very good.

One method which one hears sometimes and is possible with Atomix is looping 1 beat and at the same time fading the outgoing song at the end of the transition. I haven't been able to master this yet however. Another method, is using instrumentals and a cappellas, eg. playing a normal edit, then reverting to the instrumental and playing an a cappella from a different song over the instrumental, then bringing in the full edit of that a cappella. I haven't tried this yet either; it's a lot of work getting those instrumentals and a cappellas.

Anyway hope u reply homeboy and hear about ur techniques.

Mike

发表时间 Fri 12 Jul 02 @ 10:07 am
I guess you covered most of them but I do alot of just straight beat mixing from one song to the next. Also throw a popular part of the ingoing song into the outgoing song. We will have to chat more some time, I must get going I have to return pair of headphones I bought yesterday, THEY SUCK !!

发表时间 Fri 12 Jul 02 @ 6:15 pm
i just finished a 30 min MEGAMIX wit Atomix ... hip-hop n reggae

发表时间 Sun 14 Jul 02 @ 4:37 am
Whats up this is Dj Angel got a rep hear in Dallas, hear in the hip-hop spot. so give 411 to everyone. Later...

发表时间 Sun 21 Jul 02 @ 12:27 am
Dj Hek representin H-Town, Texas thats basically all I mix

Rap, Old School, Dancehall, Party Breaks

I can tear it up on Atomix!!!

发表时间 Sun 21 Jul 02 @ 8:35 am
I Am A DJ Who mixes/Remixes every genre of music , hip - hop RnB ,Rap , House , Techno , Trance , Dance Etc. All Beatmixed
using atomix , I Just recently started mixing hip - hop but I can beatmix anything.I Just finished a 65 minute semi - commercial hip hop session yesterday , if anybody wants to listen how it is beatmixed then I will let you have a listen to it. Reagrds
DJ Pbk

发表时间 Sun 21 Jul 02 @ 4:42 pm
Hey what's up homeboy. I was glad when I saw somebody bring up hip hop & rap. I DJ w/ aprox. 15.3 GB of hip hop/rap, r&b, pop, and rock. But the majority of my music is hip hop & rap. I haven't gotten a chance to use Atomix much at parties, but I've gotten really comfortable w/ it, so holla at me. Maybe we could exchange ideas.

发表时间 Mon 22 Jul 02 @ 6:44 am
i am here
i like to mix it every day

发表时间 Fri 26 Jul 02 @ 1:33 am
Well me a beginner aussie DJ, mixing EVERYTHING! but then again, i aint been doin this fo long so i aint that good

yet...

...KiCk A$$...

发表时间 Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 3:44 am
Yo, homeboy...
I dj at a hip-hop club in South Africa
Its not the same mixing on pc, when compared to mixin on tables..

发表时间 Thu 01 Aug 02 @ 9:25 am
21%