快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Having problems recording using an external mixer.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

My PC is HP 700 mhz, 192 MB Ram, Win ME, my soundcards are SB Pci 128 and Crystal Audio WDM. I am recording using creative recorder. My recordings always have skips in them. I have tried all different recording settings. mono,stereo, different bit rates, and different Hz settings. All with the same results. Alot of skips. I shut off all programs running in backround as well. Usually the begining of the mix is fine. It starts skipping about twenty minutes into the recording. I posted this question before and Dave Ocean suggested I get more RAM. I had 64 and now I have 192. Same results. Is this happening to anyone else? This doesnt happen when I record in a soft mix using Atomixmp3's recording function. I wanna record using a mixer though. Its so much more of a quality mix that way. Someone pleeeeez Help.

发表时间 Sat 18 Aug 01 @ 2:34 pm
I'm doing this without any problem. But of course that's not of much help to you.

I think the problem is rather related to the configuration of - and peripherals on - your IDE ports.

What drives are you using ? Are they (U)DMA capable and enabled ? Are you writing to the same drive as where Atomix is reading from ?

I personally have the following configuration:
- reading from a hard drive on the secondary IDE port
- writing to a hard drive on the primary IDE port

Both drives I use are 'only' 5400 RPMs so nothing exceptional there.

Since last week I've got a dedicated Atomix PC though (only has an OS and Atomix and plenty of MP3s on it).
So I now play on the dedicated PC and record on seperate one.

Hope this helps.

DJ Corpse

发表时间 Sun 19 Aug 01 @ 8:05 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I had the same probs with the SB recorder and none of the settings I made solved the problem. Now I use waverec. It´s freeware and it works fine. You can find it at www.waverec.de.

mama

发表时间 Mon 20 Aug 01 @ 8:59 am
Thank you very much Mama. It was creative recorder that wasn't working. I downloaded waverec and it records just fine. It is in a language that is foreign to me, but i was able to figure out the basics.
Marc

发表时间 Thu 23 Aug 01 @ 3:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)