快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Midiman's answer about the limits of USB Quattro

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi everybody, my post is divided into two parts. First, the message I sent Midiman about the USB Audio Quattro and second their answer ... Since I'm not an expert in these kind of things I would very much appreciate your comments on their reply. Thanks in anticipation.

1) My question:
Hi, when are you going to update the product/drivers so that we can have access to the 4 outputs in a MME/direct X configuration. I would love WinXp to detect 2x2 stereo output. I am very disappointed since you guys are hidden this lack. the only way to know that the 4 output only work with Cubase under an ASIO environment is buy buying the Quattro and reading the manual. Not very fair. Anyway I have it and I assume an update would not be to difficult to make for you guys.

2) Their answer:
I appreciate your concerns, but the problem does not lie in our drivers. This is a limitaion with the MME drivers and USB audio. The problem persist with any manufacturer that makes USB audio products. Once this is changed within the MME protocol, we can then update our drivers accordingly.Thank You,

-----------------

So, what do you guys think ???

发表时间 Thu 01 Aug 02 @ 11:25 pm
flexHome userMember since 2001
It basically means your screwed :O)

In complex terms it means until the company who designed the MME protocol for windows (microsoft?) change it to allow 2x2 stero outputs in USB audio then you cannot have this option. And to be honest I dont see that ever happening with microsoft, especially not in the near future.

The simplest way to work around this would be for atomix team to make atomix ASIO compatible in a future version and for us to buy an ASIO compatible soundcard (which I have happily already :O)

Hope that clears some things up for you, sorry its mostly negative :O)

Flex

发表时间 Fri 02 Aug 02 @ 5:45 pm
or switch to traktor... from what I read that card works flawlessly w/ it.

发表时间 Mon 05 Aug 02 @ 5:23 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm sure the card works flawlessly. I'm also sure that Traktor doesn't.

Grimm

发表时间 Mon 05 Aug 02 @ 7:34 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)