快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: How to get a specific sound from a song??

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

This is driving me crazy..is there anyway we can get a single specific sound from a song,i mean one sound among 5 or 6 sounds playing.Well what made me ask this...if you listen to a good dj album(like john digweed GU Los Angeles or Deep Dish Youshiesque 2),it seems they have command over evrery single sound....they don't just mix the whole song immediately,but first they add one sound from the next song,they play it for some time and when it feels like a part of the current song playing they add one or two more sounds from the next song and remove some sounds from the currently playing song...and then they mix the whole song(if you know what i am talking about)...if anybody can solve my problem..this will be greatly appreciated.

发表时间 Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 9:20 am
In Option panel, click on History. See it (History.txt) in your Atomix folder.

With the new patch (2.1.1), the history ( = track list) is saved automaticaly at the end of the session. @+

发表时间 Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 12:35 pm
Actually that is done by putting in the song at the right time, knowing the intros and outros by heart, and also using the EQs, which allow you to remove low, mid or high frequencies.

发表时间 Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 1:43 pm
Also, studio produced mixes by Digweed and Oakenfold etc. may be a little different because they might have access to the raw samples used in the track they are mixing.

发表时间 Wed 31 Jul 02 @ 6:03 pm
GS2000Home userMember since 2002
I agree with Damocles, to make that perfect mix you need to know all the intros and stuff. Most songs that John Digweed spins have very long intros and outros. Also, they use loops. Ok, lets see if I can describe this. For explaination purposes let's say you are spinning a 10 minute trance song. ((All songs that you hear are just a series of loops with sounds added in or taken away.)) Ok, say when a trance songs first starts, you hear how the song builds up into a climax. After that part, the song slows down and is basically a series of loops until only a bass loop is left or just the cymbal loop. Let's say that after the climax, every 8 beats the song loses a high cymbal or any type of sound that you are talking about. Well, loop 8 beats then start to mix your next song. After about 16 beats reset the loop for the next 8 beats and repeat this until you mix the next song. So basically what you are doing is making it where you are slowly losing the sounds you are talking about. You could also apply this to the next song rather than the old song. Just loop the new song every 8 beats until the old song is over. Hope it helps you out.

GS2000

发表时间 Thu 22 Aug 02 @ 5:53 pm
GS2000Home userMember since 2002
Ok, I just read what you wrote then what I wrote and I explained the opposite of what you were asking. Sorry, but it should still make sense.

发表时间 Thu 22 Aug 02 @ 5:57 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)