快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: How bout a clear keyboard overlay for shortcuts ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i have stickers on my keyboard with the funtions and they are color coded even, which works fine for me, but i got the idea the other day of those soft plastic molded keyoverlays. At a resturant i used to work they had them on the computers as a means to prevent spills. Its like a molded slipcover with the key names printed on it.

Im not sure who makes them but i am guessing that with a minimum order you could get them printed with whatever information you want on them. I use a laptop myself so id want one in that keyboard size, but would anyone be intrested in one ?

another things ive seen is actual keyboard replacement keys that you can order in various colors, and they have a second line of text on the sides. these would make nice controler keys as well and you'd still have the normal letter on the key for normal PC use.

There always seems to be minimum orders for getting these things made so would anyone be intrested ? i will try to find out some price info once i get an idea of how many i could get intrested. Probably would be a minimum of like 50 people or something im guessing but im not really sure, i just doubt it would be cost even to have them make one or two.

so anyone intrested ?

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 6:54 pm
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
I thought of something like that ages ago too, but now i use a laptop, and the layout depends on what brand/model you have....i don't think it's worth ordering in bulk, simply laptop keyboard's layouts differ.

发表时间 Wed 17 Jul 02 @ 3:48 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I forgot which company makes it, but its one of those big gaming joystick companies. Anyway, they make a board about 1/3 the size of your average keyboard with a bunch of programable buttons. It plugs into your USB port and is made mainly for games. You upload a template into the board, slide in the overlay, and you got yourself a "cutom" keyboard for your game.

But the same board comes with the software to program the board to do anything you normally can with a keyboard, including macros. It also has a template to print out your own overlays. I've never thought about getting one till this and another thread (Dual Mouse) was mentioned. Now, I may go search for one and see just how useful it can be for Atomix. I can never remember which key does what, and would prefer a more logical layout of shortcuts. I think that kinda board would work nicely.

Grimm

发表时间 Wed 17 Jul 02 @ 12:02 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)