快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: What's the biggest crowd/event you have played for?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

if you've played in bars, clubs, house parties, raves what is the biggest crowd you have played for using atomix?

me- 2000+ people on 4-20-01 in boulder, colorado

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 10:13 am
I think that we can prove atomix has been used for bigger events than vinyl junkies care to admit

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 10:14 am
+2000, excellent! Have you got the Numark controller for your next parties?

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 12:38 pm

Surely not my biggest gig but atomix is "Belgium beach approved"!
Biggest crowd was 1100 people (in a tent) when pc suddenly froze.... ripped the damn thing apart and discovered loose processor card....... I freaked out !!! I can't tell you how long i takes to restart a computer at such a moment.

http://users.pandora.be/murphy/DSC00004.JPG

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 1:18 pm
It's a nightmare your experience. Brrrr...

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 1:42 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I think the biggest I have done is about 400 and it was a prom. I DJ in a bar every wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday but the bars capacity is 85. Check out pictures @
www.djhomeboy.freewebspace.com

.:DJ Homeboy:.

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 2:42 pm
for me it's a 600 person room in a 4000+ event.

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 7:09 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
I have performed at a popular night club, which has got to floors, the lower one with an 800 person capacity, and the upper 500. Problem is the sound is separate from both sides, as one is an executive wing, and the other is pretty mainstream.

The club's euqipment pumps out at least 12,000 watts, it's a mad raver joint, and Atomix was there, proving herself one more time.

My machine is very well-behaved, so my worry is always electricity back-firing on me. I am running Windows 2000 Server, and y'all know how long it takes to boot, so I carry a must-have 650VA APC UPS. Has saved me from some very tight situations.

Mix on, all you Atomix lovers.

发表时间 Mon 15 Jul 02 @ 7:41 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Last summer the Beach Venue I was playing at had a line at the door several nights, I'd say on those nights there were probably 300-400 people in the room. I played there 4 nights a week, May through September.
A couple times I have opened for bands, and played during their set breaks. For some of the better bands, I'd say there are at least 2500-3000 people in the venue.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 12:29 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Almost 3,000 every friday & saturday night

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 4:26 am
I don't use the numark controller....I would still have to use the keyboard for a lot of the functions I use, so it seems a bit much. I do use an external mixer of course, and a kaoss pad (whixh adds a bit of human touch)

2000+ was my biggest party, although I spun for crowds of 500-600 every fri and sat during the school year at fraternity parties. (mostly hip-hop and drunk party music)

I once opened at a rave for about 300+ people, and I got to spin exactly what I like (hard, dark, uplifting trance) and the crowd loved it.

Homeboy- I am in the process of uploading my mix to lives365.com, and I will post when its ready.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 4:26 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
#What is a Kaoss Pad?

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 4:52 pm
koass pad is an external effects unit that has a touch pad with the x/y controling two different varibles just as if you were tweaking to parameter knobs as the same time. I myself have a 2 channel mixer with a kaoss pad in the center, the korg kp2 "kaoss mixer". I used to be a big fan of effects units then i started playing out and found how they just dont sound that good on large PA systems. Flangers disort the subbass, any subtle phasing or chours effects seem to just muffle out the highs, delays sound out of sync due to the boominess of the venue etc. It was pretty eye opening really, since i had some good quality effect units and they always sounded very nice on my home system. Im not saying effects are always bad, but they are just very different sounding on a big system than in your home so if your practicing your sets and do alot of effect tricks in your mixing, be prepared for them to come off alot different in the live venue.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 6:43 pm
sorry didnt realize i wasnt logged in when i posted the kaoss mixer responce

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 6:44 pm
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
700+ dunes club,Amman Jordan,but using traditional TT's and cd players!

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 11:50 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
450 in Beatroot in Nottingham. Hoping to make it through the european section if the nescafelive competition. I made it to the last ten so hopefully i might get to play SPACE in ibiza. If so ill be pushing atomix to its limits and am hoping to take mixing to the future

发表时间 Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 11:58 pm
I played in front of 400 people in Utica, New york this past February.

发表时间 Fri 16 Aug 02 @ 3:46 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)