快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Hi Everyone (noobie question)...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi there!

Just looking around on the web at work for alternatives to PCDJ as on my PC the sound all breaks up after mixing about 2 songs...

I'll be downloading the Atomix demo tonight and if it works well enough I'll be buying the software this evening :D

Just a quick question first before i jump on in... Will my system run it well?

1ghz AMD thunderbird
256meg of PC133 RAM
Abit KT7A raid motherboard
Herc GeForce 3
SB Live! Value (thats what im unsure about)
2*30 gig IMB Telesto ATA 100 drives

Thnx guys :)

发表时间 Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 4:26 pm
You shouldn't have any problems..
It runs perfect on systems with lower spec's than yours..

I'm currently using the 2.1 demo at work on a 500MHz system with 128 Mb RAM and a shitty OEM-soundcard and graphics-card (both built in and neither of them are of good quality) and it just skips a bit if I attempt to drag/scratch either of the tracks.. if I turn off the scratch-option and don't drag the songs around back and forth to much it works fairly OK.

At home I have a 900 Mhz Pentium with 256 Mb RAM and it works even smoother there.. I can scratch how much I want without the other song skipping or lagging on me and I can basically push Atomix to the limit (2 320kbps-tunes at +33% pitch with TimeStretch enabled and with 3 simultaneous effects on both of them and still it works OK..
I recon it won't record that well during such circumstances as I have my OS (Win2000 pro), Atomix and all my MP3's on the same physical disk and it may not be able to handle both speedreading 2 mp3's under pressure and writing a third one at the same time..but the audible output isn't a problem though :)

发表时间 Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 4:55 pm
Cheers...

I sold my "real" record decks a while ago and now I really miss mixing..

CANT WAIT to get home :)

发表时间 Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 5:01 pm
Hehe.. I did the opposite: started playing with Atomix and now I'm hooked for life and will probably get a real set of decks if an oppotunity presents itself 'cause mixing has become a part of me thanks to Atomix.

I'm a bit curious as to how I'd do on a real set of 1200's but the only one I know who has a pair of those is a hip-hop-freak and hasn't got the music I'd like to mix :)

发表时间 Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 5:05 pm
The hardest part about mixing is the basic principles.

Once you have the grasp of getting the BPM's identical and got a decent idea of bars and breaks its all plain sailing.

Took me a while to go from decks to PC at first so I think you would be the same.

Its nice to have a "hands on" experience with real records though :)

发表时间 Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 5:20 pm
One other quick question...

Is it possible to play the main output through front spk's and monitor through rear?

发表时间 Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 5:46 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yes if you have a 3d soundcard although i dont think this option is available in the demo

stu

发表时间 Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 6:43 pm
Nope, that's correct... it only works in the full version.
But in that version it is possible to use the rear channel of a 3D-soundcard as your monitor ouput.

发表时间 Wed 17 Apr 02 @ 12:09 am
What an Ass, your using a cracked version of PCDJ, they skip by design if you use any of the cracked serial codes for PCDJ floating around the net. What A JO you are, try supporting the industry next time. you may not like PCDJ, fine, but it's still part of a much bigger movement....be part of it,

发表时间 Tue 08 Oct 02 @ 9:02 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)