快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Win XP + SBLive + Atomix = bad... however, I have a solution!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

For those who are using an SBlive under Windows XP, you probably realised that the sound cripples in AtomixMP3 for a simple.

Reason: lack of decent drivers... the actual drivers make interference with some video cards.

Solution: set your AtomixMP3 shortcut's settings to 256 colors... sure, it looks crap, but it sounds better :P

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 5:31 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use a SB Live and an ATI Expert2000 without problems. Seems to be a specific error.

What card are you using?

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 6:56 am
TnT 2... but I'm not the only one who has that bug...

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 8:36 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I agree with mama, it seems to be a specific error.

I have Windows XP, an SB Live 1024 and a 3D Prophet video card, and Atomix works without any problem in 32 bits colors mode !

Akira: there is no official Windows XP drivers, but I installed the Windows 2000 drivers without any problem.

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 9:21 am
I have a SB Live 1024 as well in XP, and I have a TNT2. What problems specifically are you suffering from?

I have tried the win2000 drivers for my soundcard but they don't work.

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 2:19 pm
Win2k drivers for SBLive work on XP, but not perfectly... THAT'S WHY THE SOUND MAY CRIPPLES!

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 4:56 pm
Just go buy a $10 soundcard and ditch the SBLive.. It's a POS.

I just picked up a cheapie based on the CMedia 8738 chip, for $8. It sounds just a good as the SB, and also doesnt skip when using software mixing, which the SB Live always did... just has better drivers. SB makes an overpriced bullshit soundcard.. I've never found them to be any better than a cheapie. thier drivers also blow, as we've just mentioned.

CMedia 8738 OEM drivers can be found at http://www.cmedia.com.tw/download/e-cmi8738_index.htm, these ones work the best.

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 11:37 pm
lol!!! no way dude... an SB Live have a lot of features like realtime customisable hardware rendered reverb, flanger, distortion, chorus, auto-wah, real-time pitch modulation, echo, etc...

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 1:01 am
btw, my SBLive doesn't skip in software mixing...

发表时间 Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 1:04 am
Just like to add that my SBLive! doesn't skip at all either, it runs smoothly and sounds good. Cheapie cards are crap, been there, got the T-shirt and know better now.

It is true that the current SB Live! joke XP drivers that Creative have released are absolute rubbish and don't work on my computer, I've gone back to using the XP default WDM driver, it's fine now.

They say you have to install a version of the original drivers for your SBLive before you install their XP patch. That means installing, say, the win2000 drivers and liveware programs, which just don't work in XP and then run the XP patch they give you. Unfortunately the patch does not update all of the liveware programs from the previous version and so you end up with some parts of it working and others not. For instance, the Creative Launcher still flickers and crashes even after applying the XP patch onto win2000 driver and liveware package. This is because the XP patch does not cover the Launcher, and so you still have the win2000 one installed.

Another thing, the driver that the XP patch installs is no good, my sound is crackly and bad when its on.

They should have released a full driver and software package for XP, not a stupid half-functioning patch. It's because they no longer make Liveware available on their website. What a joke.

MiXmAsTeR

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 1:56 pm
Yeah... what a joke.... but I saw worse... my video card... (Guilemot Cougar video edition TnT2) the drivers aren't available yet for Win Me and Win XP on their website... it took them like one year to finally make working drivers... and they ship it by mail.... that's dumb...

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 2:19 pm
i hate SB, every six months they come out with a new super duper wowser card that is really the same entry level mediocre quality crap that the sb16 was made of. comes loaded with bloatware sure to crash your pc and occupy half your day setting up all the bell and whistles which realy amount to crap because when it comes to mixing, you want your source music to sound clear and perfect the way it was originally recorded anyway. They cater to the fools who stroll down the sound card aisle and go 'ooh look, the sound blaster audigy has more features , i guess it must be good!'

发表时间 Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 1:51 am
naah... you're wrong...
You're talking trough your hat...
SB16: 16 channel synt midi
SBAWE32: 32 channel synt midi/sampled midi + 512k sound fonts for sampling
SBAWE64: 64 channel synt midi/sampled midi + 512k sound fonts for sampling
SB PCI128: pure crap
SBLIVE: 1024 channel synt + RAM sound fonts for sampling + very nice effects like reverb, flanger, chorus, pitch etc...

发表时间 Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 4:25 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)