快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Better than Atomixmp3??? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I think I have found a product in the same class as AtomixMP3. "Visualdiscomix". Very stable, VERY accurate beat matching, loops, filters, spin mixer, etc. Have any1 tried it??? My PC is a little on the slow side for it, so I still use Atomixmp3 until I get a better PC. What do the other DJ's out there think of it???

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 01 @ 1:36 pm
I'm downloading the demo, later on I'll get the full version. It looks good, the specs seem excellent, just have to try it to see whether it lives up to the blurb.

I notice they have updates that are 1 to 2 months apart, as they should be for such software. At one point the updates are only 11 days apart, imagine that!

It appears to have many many features, and good ones at that. Also, they say they will set up your software and hardware if you buy it, anywhere in the world!

Seems to be very professional judging by all the things added on the updates history page.

Going to try the demo now and get back to you.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 01 @ 3:26 pm
It does exactly what it says it does, but it isn't for me. I just don't like it. I automatically dislike any program that requires me to 'analyze' the tracks first of all to get the BPM.

Although, Atomix could do with a similar kind of function that this program has, and that's keeping the whole of a song to one set BPM. At the beginning and end of ripped MP3's, you tend to have pitch alterations which mean you have to manually adjust them in Atomix, if instead, Atomix automatically corrected the pitch to a set level, there would be no problem, even after long pauses in the beats of a song, the beats would still line up when they returned, while at present they tend not to...

In short, it needs to be more 'intelligent'.

I will not be obtaining the full version of discomix by any means, I just don't like it.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 01 @ 3:56 pm
I just finished to download it's demo... I'll review it for soon ;)

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 01 @ 11:27 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Tried it, it's weak!

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 1:26 am
It's not as good as Atomix... and not even as good as Traktor... It's slow and not user friendly... besides, it must pre-render the songs...

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 2:12 am
Well, I re-tested it, figured out every features and realised that it rocks... Better than Traktor, but not than AtomixMP3 ;)

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 6:40 am
It's okay if you can ever get used to the setout of it, although I personally cannot. Due to this I hereby announce that the program is gay. This is official, as decreed by me.

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 2:38 pm
ROFLMAO!!! I talked about AtomixMP3 on the Visual DiscoMix forum and they deleted my post!!!

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 4:55 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
have you seen the price ??? Too much for me ! Compares to Atomix I prefer to wait the new release...
kheyo

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 6:59 pm
Ive been a huge atomix fan and supporter since before it was called atomix even and still think its a great product but after using VDM, i can honestly say nothing compares. Its the greatest dj program ive ever tested. Once i figured out how it actually worked i was left with my jaw on the floor.

two words "instant looping" Glitch free loops of 2,4,8 or 16 bars on the fly, just press a button. I didnt know this was even possible to the degree they have perfected it.

and as for the auto beat matching, well this program will continously adjust the pitch and tempo the whole time a track is playing. No more slowly drifting out of sync like atomix and everything else. And the pitch is in double digits instead of the xx.1, xx.2 etc scale of atomix, so its like xx.12, xx.13. So basically 10 times more accurate.

And while its not on the cheaper version, it has a turntable off feature where it sounds like turning the tables off and slowly winding down, and brake effect, reverse etc.

Nothing against atomix, i still really like it but if your serious about dj'ing and want a program that will let you do it to a whole new level spend the time checking the program out. Its hard to get used to but works great when you learn it

发表时间 Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 9:42 pm
Just one point in what you said that makes me react:

You say that vdm rocks because it shows BPM with two digits. Well, would you change your mind and say atomix rocks if the new version displayed 10 digits ?
Because what's important is not how many digits you display, but what's the real accuracy of the computation.

And just as a matter of fact, if we speak of localy computed bpm, just remember that 0,01bpm represents 0,0001s or 5 dots in the digital song, so a 100th of bpm is really unmeaningfull. And about the global bpm, it doesn't need to be fully displayed (even if atomix computes it with far more than 2 digits), since the match will be done internally.

Stephane C.

发表时间 Wed 07 Nov 01 @ 12:46 am
Stéphane is 100% right...

发表时间 Wed 07 Nov 01 @ 6:28 am
some one with the full version ???

mdma125mg@tokyo.com

发表时间 Wed 07 Nov 01 @ 8:34 pm
Well yes, its not the number of digits displayed but the accuracy in adjustment. With the real analog pitch slider its basically infinte in theory, and with something that is digital in nature the more fine tuning you can do the better. Ive just had problems syncing some tracks in atomix due to the inability to get the pitch set equal. For example on track will be 131.2 bpm and then the other will be 131.3. When i try to adjust it with the pitch slider, it goes in a scale of .2, so my 131.2 track becomes either 131.4 or 131.0.

with the VDM its not only possible to adjust via .1, but .01 steps. Basically all these "self syncing" dj programs are only coming so close and while all are pretty impressive, at least some of the time there is a need to make some manual adjustments. You'd be surprised at how much difference it can make to get rid of some phasing effects etc.

Glad to see atomix dev team reading these forums though. you guys basically invented this whole style of software as far as im concerned and your product still rocks.

But seriously, check out VDM and all the other Dj programs and see what you like best. No one program is going to work the best as everyone has different styles of dj'ing, just as no one brand of hardware dj mixer works best for everyone. I know for me i see things that i like better about them BUT also i find that it often makes me like atomix even more.

发表时间 Wed 07 Nov 01 @ 9:09 pm
It's useless to have that ammount of digits since during the progress of a song, the BPM may change a bit....

发表时间 Wed 07 Nov 01 @ 11:35 pm
what we are talking about here is not how many digits of BPM are displayed but the connection between the bpm and the pitch fader. BPM is just a way to express the increase or decrease of the pitch fader on the track.

for example, lets say using the pitch fader you can only increase the BPM in steps of 1, such as 130, 131 etc. Well that would obviously make it hard to beat match since the tracks your playing most likey wont be exactly at what atomix calls 130 bpm. your two tracks are going to fall somewhere very close to that range but using whole steps just isnt going to let you fine tune it enough to where they are exactly the same time period between beats. To further this example, if you could now adjust the pitch in .2 steps you could get that much closer to having them exaclty the same speed. And then if you could do it in .01 steps that much better.

yes of course this could get into an acedimic discussion of how much do you really need and whats just for show. But im just saying that more than .2 is needed to keep the tracks from drifting apart. honestly .01 steps make a big difference in getting rid of phase effects on a mix. Sure using some eq on both tracks covers this up but the more accurate your beats are the better the mix. sorta like that garbage in/garbage out rule.

发表时间 Thu 08 Nov 01 @ 5:13 am
So if I understand you, we should change the keyboard shortcut that moves the pitch slider, so that it will move by steps smaller than .2% (which is the actual) ?

Technically, the pitch is coded on a .025% scale. So when you make an auto match, it will be .025% precise.
But if you want to adjust it with the keyboard, it will move by 8 steps increments, which makes .2%

What I could do I think is to add a shortcut, let's say SHIFT+arrow, that changes the pitch by .025% steps, while arrow still changes it by .2% and CTRL+arrow by 7.5%

Does it sounds like a good idea to everyone ?

Stephane C.

发表时间 Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 4:15 pm
Yup, I love the idea of finer pitch control!

7.5% sounds pretty huge, when automix doesn't work so well (eg: breakbeat etc) large pitch changes are sometimes needed to get in the same ballpark, perhaps 2%??

Al

发表时间 Sat 10 Nov 01 @ 12:35 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, that's cool ! I agree with Stephane
Slash

发表时间 Sat 10 Nov 01 @ 1:21 pm
95%