快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Need advice: What's the easiest way to convert the streaming library to purchased tracks including hot cues etc
Kman KPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hello, VDJ community, I really need your advice.

My apologies for the long post; if you are in a rush, just go to the second last paragraph.

I haven't found anything online that could address my (good to have) problem, which, still is a problem! When I started, I had built 80% of my music library (close to 2000 records) on online streaming services. In fact, I've chosen my software platform based on compatibility (VDJ) with the majority of streaming services that are directly integrated into VDJ. As a result, I have found over 1600 of my songs between Deezer, Beatport Streaming and SoundCloud. This is all good, and I have played in such a format at large parties without having much of an issue, as long as I have internet. All music is adequately rated based on energy and tagged; every song would have cue points, etc. Weeks of work went into this library, and it is clean!

In the last 9 months or so, I have been booked to play larger gigs, and in such venues, I often meet CDJ2000/ 3000 or XDJ XZ as a minimum. I started running into problems where I found it cumbersome and difficult to take over from the previous DJ unless I had my laptop set up prior. And whilst I understand that VDJ is pretty much compatible with any HW out there, the integration is NOT plug-and-play. Something always goes wrong, like headphones not working, decks acting funny, etc, all down to SW configuration that I need to work out on the spot within 5 -10 minute transition window. Last weekend, I had to play at a festival gig, and every time I tried to press CUE, the music would cut = no headphones! It's nerve-wracking, and I am sure I'll get in trouble one day by simply being unable to play, not because of me but because of the tedious integration of the HW/ SW. Connecting CDJs + mixer and having a reliable setup in transition is even more tricky.

I have decided to go ahead and buy all 1600 songs that are currently on streaming services and start playing from USB. I'll have to search manually on Beatport and buy one by one, which is a hassle but...OK. However, do you know any services that could at least replicate the energy ratings, cue points, tags, etc, so that I don't need to do ALL of it once again? In other words, is there a way to purchase all the songs and have a piece of software to copy-paste all the previous parameters around the song?

Happy to pay for it a substantial amount as I am very time-poor, and that is not a quick one. Really appreciate your advice; I don't really know where to go else :)

Cheers,

Kman

发表时间 Wed 19 Jun 24 @ 7:25 am
Use Lexicon and just drag the playlist over, then it'll search your libaray and show you what you have or use that Crate diggers or something and itll give you links to what record pool has it.

发表时间 4 days ago @ 9:15 pm