快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Database Backups not working (stalling) - Page: 2
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
depends on tagging, cueing, file count, file path structure, too many variables
30MB is a reasonable size for a 30k+ track count,

Also how vdj writes to the database quickly, lets say you have a track and it takes up 1000 chars, then you add 1 more char in a tag, it will take that 1000+1 chars and write it on the end of the database, the 1000 chars where it was gets filled up with space char [because it would be slow to nudge everything after that entry back]
I know the backup procedure cleans up these space chars, maybe there's something done with at other points too, but blank lines are skipped over when performing database stuff.

发表时间 Wed 26 Jun 24 @ 10:14 am
Have you ran the database clean to see if it reduces the size?

发表时间 Wed 26 Jun 24 @ 10:17 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Have you ran the database clean to see if it reduces the size?

you mean "remove missing files" ? or is there another clean database option?

发表时间 Wed 26 Jun 24 @ 10:52 am
No that's the one.

发表时间 Wed 26 Jun 24 @ 11:09 am
just touching back in here

the issue went away for months, but eventually came back.
it seems that any list which i forgot to turn off duplicates for, just keeps multiplying its duplicates like a cancer (seemingly by a factor of 10 every time back up my database) until my computer eventually cant take it and i am forced to look for the problem.

i uncovered another 30 lists which were doing this. one had 3.5 million duplicates in it (out of 40 actual songs)

i went into every folder and turned off duplicates and thinngs seem back to normal for now... but i dont know if it will come back again. these may be the last few lists that i forgot to turn duplicates off for the first time round unless duplicates mysteriously turned back on for them... i will see if it comes back again.

i asked in the wishes for new features section for a global "turn off duplicates" option, because of this.

am i really the only one having this issue? strange...

发表时间 5 days ago @ 11:59 am