快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Saving a track cleaner edit with vocal censor causes program to hang
(Using v2024 b8184) When I try to save a track cleaner edit with at least 1 muted vocal as an edit, the save seems to work, but then the program becomes unresponsive (I have to kill the process - A restart shows that the edit is saved successfully).

My machine = M1 MacBook Pro, 16 GB RAM.

发表时间 Fri 31 May 24 @ 5:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you using save or export?
It seems to be instant here.

Was the track loaded on the deck as well perhaps? It does re-load the track in that case, which could take some time if your computer is not too fast calculating stems.

发表时间 Fri 31 May 24 @ 6:10 am
It was a save operation and the track was loaded on the deck in at least one case. The save operation happens immediately with return to the track cleaner window, but once the track cleaner window is closed, the UI seems to be frozen from interaction.

发表时间 Fri 31 May 24 @ 6:17 am
Pressing the Save button should close the track cleaner window as well actually.

发表时间 Fri 31 May 24 @ 6:22 am
So I'll try again later (I may be wrong about that specific detail), but it definitely hangs on my end (Activity Monitor eventually shows the process as not responding and I have to kill it).

发表时间 Fri 31 May 24 @ 7:43 pm
So I tried this again and the unresponsiveness pretty much always happens:

• It doesn't matter if the track is loaded in a deck or not
  • It doesn't matter what censor operation is used (Mute Vocal or Reverse)
    I didn't try other operations however.
  • The save dialog window (which asks for pretty basic metadata) is closed, the track cleaner window (with the waveform to place the visual cleaning operations on) is not closed after that dialog is closed
  • Once the track cleaner dialog is closed the regular VirtualDJ main window does not respond to any input (keyboard or mouse)
  • Activity Monitor shows the application as "Not Responding" with quite a bit of resource usage
    I have to kill the application.

This is the current beta (at time of writing): v2024 b8184 and on an M1 MacBook Pro, 16 GB RAM.

发表时间 Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 12:53 pm
I'm having this same issue on Windows 10, same VDJ version.

发表时间 Sun 09 Jun 24 @ 4:03 am
Tried on mac as well, but opening the track cleaner, adding censor block, clicking the Save button, then OK for choosing the options always results in the file saving and the track cleaner closing at the same time for me.
The issue is probably related to the track cleaner not closing (perhaps because of something happening before that) but not sure what it could be.

发表时间 Sun 09 Jun 24 @ 11:13 am
I cannot reproduce exactly the issue..
(and maybe some hints, that may help)

Used track cleaner Censor with vocal mute, both with online (streamed) track and local tracks, both saved as expected, closing all windows when the save buttons, (or its naming window is closed).

Tried same with track cleaner panel resized, .. also worked perfectly.

then attempted to save .. from the drop-down, with choice SAVE AS and chose to rename the remix field (only one tested) DID cause the window NOT to close.. and the skin to be unresponsive.. at times not showing cursor, but was able to close VDJ, if a track was NOT playing..
(since when playing, expecting the security warning, which does not show on unresponsive skin, did not allow VDJ to close)

Summary ..
All worked perfectly, except when attempting to use SAVE AS, then skin became unresponsive.

Win 10
tested ver 8184

发表时间 Sun 09 Jun 24 @ 12:32 pm
I'm seeing that exact same behavior- pressing the save icon brings up the naming dialog, and it works without issue. Pressing the drop down and selecting save brings up the same dialog, but VDJ freezes after saving. I'm seeing the same issue when using track cleaner on a non-cleaned track (with only save and export available as drop down and using save) and a cleaned track (with save, save as, and export available as drop down and using save as- but save works from here).

发表时间 Sun 09 Jun 24 @ 3:20 pm
Should be fixed in Early Access release

发表时间 Mon 10 Jun 24 @ 5:42 am
I have confirmed that b8195 has fixed the issue.

发表时间 Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 12:25 am