快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Show original key and don't change displayed key on Tempo Change
Hi

It used to just use the orginal key. Now it changes the key depending on tempo, and all the key differences. Is there anyway to turn this off so it just uses the original key?

Note: I know about master tempo (i don't want to use that), this is just for display and key differences.

Thanks

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 7:40 am
I assume you're talking about master tempo. When master tempo is on, the key will not change when tempo is adjusted.

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 7:42 am
Hi, thanks for reply, no not master tempo. VDJ displays the key depending on the play speed now, it just used to show the original key.

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 7:44 am
pacebreakr wrote :
It displays the key depending on the play speed now

I just checked here, using the default Pro skin with the latest build, and (with master tempo on) the displayed key (on the deck) does not change when I alter the tempo.

What skin are you using, and where is this changing key being shown? Post screengrab if necessary.

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 7:48 am
thats weird, i am using Pro Skin, my VDJ version is v2024 b8095

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 8:07 am
So i tried on another laptop that has V2024 b8093, and its fine!

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 8:18 am
You said you don't want to use master tempo, but if you want the key to stay the same when you adjust tempo, then master tempo needs to be on.

With master tempo off, it will behave like a vinyl turntable. Adjusting tempo will affect key.

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 8:18 am
I don't want they key to stay the same, i want the diplayed key to show the original. I will reinstall, it must have been some update that caused it.

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 8:20 am
Ok reinstalled build 8093 and its fine again, must have been the lastest 8095 build that caused it. Thanks!

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 8:24 am
oh i am wrong, is it me or did it always do that and i just had master tempo on by default, i dunno when that changed. oh well, i must be getting old!

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 8:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What's the reason you want to see the original key if it is not the key that the song is currently playing in?

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 8:58 am
Because i usually mix records that have a similar bpm, but i play them faster, so it doesn't make sense to show the key at the current playing speed, if its not going to calculate the key of the next song at the sync bpm, its only until you load it into the deck then you will see the key at the sync speed. So its not very useful (with master tempo turned off).

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 11:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ok, that's a good point. I suppose VDJ could actually calculate the pitch that it would be played at if auto match bpm is active to show in the browser when master tempo is off, but it's indeed not doing that now.
If you customize the skin, you could use get_loaded_song 'key' instead of get_key to show the original key
get_key 0 original should also work for the same purpose

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 11:35 am
Oh nice, thats great, then there is just the issue of the key difference column that shows when pick a tune in the browser. Its not a big deal, I usually pick tunes from memory, but its nice sometimes if need to quickly grab a filler tune.

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 11:55 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I have a quick filter maker that does this kind of thing.
It has choices of exact match or +1 harmonic, and it accounts for pitch difference.

发表时间 Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 4:27 pm
Oh nice! Are you able to share the formula?

发表时间 Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 12:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
check pm's

发表时间 Mon 15 Apr 24 @ 12:56 pm