快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Denon MCX 8000?????
Is anyone still using the MCX 8000 with VDJ? Do you still like it? Thinking of buying a used one.

发表时间 Thu 01 Jun 23 @ 3:45 pm
Yeah, use one every weekend. Integration is really smooth, great mic channels and stems on the pads.

Also the perfect backup unit being able to play from the USB slots too and not having to reboot as they are hot swappable.

Great controller.

发表时间 Thu 01 Jun 23 @ 3:54 pm
YES, And I LOVE IT.

发表时间 Thu 01 Jun 23 @ 6:24 pm
I have just picked I used unit up, will be giving it a spin over the weekend

My initial view...

Intergrarion looks good, not sure if the stems are mapped by default, not got that far yet, Mic channels look great and you can set attenuation from.the settings menu, seems to flip from stand alone to vdj mode on the fly, will play files directly from usb, without any prep, but I will check out the prime engine at some point, you can unplug the usb and plug it back in or bring your laptop out of sleep mode and it just continues to play, built like a tank

So far

Theres nothing not to like.....

发表时间 Fri 02 Jun 23 @ 5:41 am
Nice one. I have the MC6000Mk1, MC6000Mk2 and MC7000 and looking for an MCX8000 to replace them. Not in a hurry as I'm semi-retired now, it'll be for my own pleasure at home mostly, but still gig ready. 😊

发表时间 Fri 02 Jun 23 @ 6:09 am
Well I did gig with the mcx80000 Saturday

Only really had 20 mins to test drive it before play out, but all good, I like the layout of the mic channels better, but was just a little disappointed that there is only one mic on button, still you can always drop the level, plus point is high and low tone controls on both

Plug and play with the default mappings and 5 hours with no issues

Great controller and first class mapping to vdj

发表时间 Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 7:56 pm
Nice to hear, never had a doubt it would be good.

发表时间 Mon 05 Jun 23 @ 11:29 pm
So wish I could found a working 8000.

That fact that you can switch between sources without cutting off VDJ is huge!! I love the size and layout.

Really wish an updated one would drop.....

发表时间 Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 2:48 pm
They got a lot of bad press initially because of the screen freeze caused by a bad IC.

My first one had that sorted under warranty and my second one was from a newer batch with the issue fixed. As it's now turned out if you have a good one they are extremely reliable and built like a tank.

I don't have the same feeling about the Prime 4 as I used one in a club and it just felt cheaper and not as hard wearing. The faders seem to have a bad habit of snapping off too.

Denon (in-music) have gone in a different direction now. Pushing their Engine OS as the primary feature. I know some don't have issues with it but it's not even close to being a replacement for VDJ and a laptop. Sorry.

发表时间 Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 9:53 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
So wish I could found a working 8000.

That fact that you can switch between sources without cutting off VDJ is huge!! I love the size and layout.

Really wish an updated one would drop.....

Yes I actully tried this on the night, I had a quiz with bitz and pieces pre prepared, as it was already on a thumb drive, I though I would give it a try, even with no prep with engine, it was easy to flip the switch and find the file, then afterwards just flip back
The venue I was at was secure so at the end of the night I left all my equipment, just closed the lid on my laptop and took that with me, the following morning reconnected my laptop and it awoke from sleep and the controller continued to play out, so I decided to pull the usb and reconnect, yep just resumes!

And switching between two usb's on the mc7000 seem to be seemless too, I would normally have my old laptop as a backup, but with the mcx80000. I think it's just carry a backup thumb drive, so I have ordered 64, 128 and 256gb drives to play with and I already have a 500gb external hdd with backup music on, all good

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 23 @ 6:31 am
I use a 64gb Sandisk pen drive with about 4000 songs on it and it's faultless.

They're all prepped through the old version of Engine Prime (1.6.1). It's a bit clunky but once you get in to the swing of it there are no issues. If you need any help with converting songs for MCX8000 database use give me a shout.

I wouldn't use the standalone for a proper gig, but for messing around, kids parties of a couple of tracks at the end of the night while shutting down the laptop it works perfectly.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 23 @ 7:34 am
Yes I need to look at prime, I had a quick peak, I thought it would just be select your tracks, analyse and drop into crate, it seems so clunky

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 23 @ 6:00 pm
It's not great. You need to enable MCX8000 compatibility in options then click the export database button once the tracks have been copied over and analysed. If the tracks go red just ignore it.

发表时间 Fri 09 Jun 23 @ 7:31 pm