快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

话题: Optimized Skin for Denon PrimeGO and Prime4 - Page: 2
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Tomas Cerny (VeeJay Lizard) wrote :
Hi Jochen sent you xml file to e-mail in few minutes. Will not make it public, as it is your script. You can use it as you wish.

发表时间 Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 8:51 pm
Got the email of Tomas and will look into it later, when there is time.
Thx Tomas

发表时间 Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 8:22 am
SMAODJPRO InfinityMember since 2021
Electronic Green Room wrote :
Got the email of Tomas and will look into it later, when there is time.
Thx Tomas

Super cool! Looking forward to test it!

发表时间 Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 2:53 pm
djlougPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Love the skin, But I have one problem. When I run this skin on my desktop, I can not switch back to the main screen. It stays in the effects skin. I do not see any where to change it back! Help! I love working on my mixes on my desktop before I do them on my laptop and prime 4. Thanks

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 12:56 pm
This skin is not for desktop use, it's for the Prime 4 display only.

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 1:07 pm
When using this skin on my P4 I get a lot of lag!! Watching the waves while I scratch you can see they don't match my movements.

When I switch back to the default P4 skin, the lag goes away.

I'm using an M1 Mac so I don't think its an issue with my machine.

Anything I could check??

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 2:04 pm
Has nothing to do with you equipment. There is a restriction for the P4 how many pixels can be refreshed at a time. You can work around (a bit) by displaying the pads section to make the wave smaller.
Another thing would be to reduce the FPS of the skin to 30fps. Search the options for fps.

I'm working on an optimized version that will improve the refreshing a bit. But it won't be as performant as the native Engine wave form.

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 3:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have stated several times, that the screens API on the Denon Prime series have troubles when a large area is constantly updated (like waveforms). the larger they are, the greater the latency in refreshing will be.
That is why the default Denon screen skins avoid having large waveform areas.

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 3:14 pm
Hi DJDad,

too bad the API does not support bigger refresh rates. I understood that the problem is on Denons side. I debugged my skin using the debug drawing command to reduced redrawn areas. I found some optimizations. But as stated, the improvement is only a little.

Thx for your work.

Version 1.1.1 has been commited to the review process.

Cheers Jochen

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 3:43 pm
I might just ship this thing back honestly.

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 5:41 pm
@groovindj has one and never stops telling people how wonderful it is though ......

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 6:07 pm
Yeah, I was going to comment earlier, but resisted.

Shipping it back because the waves on this skin are laggy? It's not really even the skin that's the underlying cause...

I bought mine to use as a standalone DJ system, and it's great at that. If I want a controller, I've got others I can use, but even using it with VDJ (which I did when I first got it, for streaming) I didn't have any issues with skin refresh rates. I've not used this skin though.

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 6:53 pm
Hi there,

I think the refreshing isn't too bad. I just did a little test and made a video of it. For me it is sufficient.
@TSI does this performance compare to yours and you need more? Or is yours worse. Then maybe there are other reasons.

https://youtu.be/-jlTstjN00g

Cheers Jochen

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 7:06 pm
I'm going to try it out when I get home tonight. But from watching your video is there anyway to make the waves smaller??

I feel they only need to be about half as big as what you have now.

And yes it is a solid controller in standalone mode which is the way I use 85% of the time but there are a few quirks that maybe I just havent given it enough time yet.

发表时间 Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 7:33 pm
Well the lag is gone but the waves just shutter. With the default I do get this shutter but no where near as bad. But just had a few crashes and VDJ won't even show the P4 skin on the unit now 🤦🏾‍♂️

发表时间 Wed 20 Mar 24 @ 12:12 am