快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Read out changing basic volume in the track?
bibi-bPRO InfinityMember since 2022
Hello again,

I am currently working more intensively on the connection of VDJ and QLC+. Since I'm doing all this for my hobby room, I'd like to "simply" have QLC+ control my few lights as automatically as possible and with random outputs.

I currently have OS2L trigger a random light programme with every first beat in the bar, for example.
It works so far.

My dream: VDJ recognises when the overall volume in the track gets lower and all the lights are dimmed (or only certain lights stay on). And at the louder drop, all the lights come back on. The problem: I can read out the current volume with get_vu_meter_peak, but that is always the current volume (which can go down to zero between 2 beats alone). What I actually need is some kind of average value. Like "How loud has the track been for some seconds?“ e.g

I have these two approaches so far:

Code 1 creates the sum of 4 successively queried values:
deck master repeat_start 'vu_meter' ? on & deck master repeat_stop 'vu_meter' : set_var '$vu_summe' 0 & deck master repeat_start 'vu_meter' 30ms 4 & param_add `get_vu_meter_peak` `get_var '$vu_summe'` & set_var '$vu_summe'

Code 2 divides by 4 and I have the average value:
get_var '$vu_summe' & param_multiply 0.25 & set_var '$vu_average'

But how do I now bring the two codes together so that the mean value is constantly generated (perhaps every 110ms)?

Thanks a lot
Meiko

发表时间 Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 8:49 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck master repeat_start 'vu_meter' ? on & deck master repeat_stop 'vu_meter' : set_var '$vu_summe' 0 & deck master repeat_start 'vu_meter' 30ms -1 & param_add `get_vu_meter_peak` `get_var '$vu_summe'` & set_var '$vu_summe' & cycle $instance 4 & var $instance 0 ? get_var '$vu_summe' & param_multiply 0.25 & set_var '$vu_average' & set $vu_summe 0

will that do?

发表时间 Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 9:04 am
bibi-bPRO InfinityMember since 2022
P E R F E C T

Thanks!

发表时间 Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 12:49 pm