快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: New VDJ Update causing new Playlist saving error & overwriting previous playlist
247joePRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey Guys.....

Have a really weird one for you to solve I did a software update on Sat morning before putting a new playlist together for a party that night...... After udpate I'm now on version "V2023 b7462" (pro license).off Windows 11 laptop...never had an issue like this before

For reference whenever I save any new playlist I always open & close Playlist folder to refresh it & it always shows the new playlist listed with all tracks I've just collated.

So on Sat I ran the update then started work on 3 new playlists, however when I saved the first one (called 180223 Set 1) & refreshed the playlist folder it never appeared, which was odd. So I tried it again with just a couple of tracks & named it "Tester1" .....However when i refreshed my playlist folder "Tester1" wasn't there but my 1st one "180223 set 1" now showed...but when I openedit it to check it only had the 2 last songs from the 2nd "tester" playlist in it & none of the 2hrs of music i'd originally put in& saved.

So I tried again but this time with 4 songs saving it to "tester 2"...same thing happened ..."tester 2" playlist not shown but "tester1" was now showing there but it had the 4 songs in it not the 2 that I had saved into it.

In summary since update VDJ, every time I save a new playlist it overwrites the previous playlist I've made with the new music I've just saved.

Anyone aware of any glitches to new update ???..... Thanks for any help or advice

发表时间 Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 1:42 pm
Yes i have the exact same problem after the update my playlist does the exact same thing.

发表时间 Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 7:17 pm
247joePRO InfinityMember since 2008
Dinky Tech wrote :
Yes i have the exact same problem after the update my playlist does the exact same thing.

It's a real propblem as I use playlists a lot as a shell for the evening before requests etc, I'm sorry you are experiencing it too, but also a little relieved it's actually a thing & not me going crazy.... Hopefully someone in the know will pick this post up & be able to help resolve it fingers crossed

发表时间 Tue 21 Feb 23 @ 10:03 am
Rog-DJPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Same here, hoping we get this resolved quickly because i like to create a list of tracks beforehand that I think will fit in with the theme of any event.

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 23 @ 10:10 pm

发表时间 Wed 22 Feb 23 @ 10:16 pm
So I'm not going crazy. I have lost playlist for weddings and was shocked, I had been saving them not once but twice, then I would go over to Lists , Playlist and make sure it was correct.... Only to discover that it somehow just disappeared. Most recent, I set up for ceremony, opened playlist and played a couple songs to test sound. I then went inside to set up reception area, when I returned about 45-60 mins later, the computer was dark (like sleep but I don't have it sleeping ever) I opened the virtualdj program , then the playlist I had saved only to discover it had two songs (very random) I had lost about four hours of music programed for bride and groom. Luckily, this had happened a couple of times before and when I made the playlist , this time i saved a backup copy on thumb drive and was back in business. Please help us correct tihs ... very frustrating. Thanks in advance. Michael

发表时间 Wed 01 May 24 @ 3:01 am
michaelhawkins1 wrote :
So I'm not going crazy

This is not a current post, and since this has been totally rewritten in VDJ2024, I don't think it's the same issue you are having

发表时间 Wed 01 May 24 @ 1:55 pm
gvmusicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Same thing happened to me last Saturday and I had to rebuild my entire 6.5 hours of music for the wedding I was DJ'ing!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Wed 01 May 24 @ 11:58 pm