快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: DDJ-SX3 Mic not working on Mic2 input
KyizlPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX3, and something weird happened recently. I've been using an XLR mic on the Mic2 input (deck 4) no problem with VDJ, then all of a sudden it stopped working. Mic 1 input (deck 3) works fine but no longer Mic 2. The hardware VU meters show the microphone as working fine, and I can hear it through speakers hooked up direct to the mixer.

I thought maybe the hardware had a failure; Pioneer support said try Serato which I did, and I could hear Mic 2 on my PC speakers with it meaning the hardware is probably fine. I even did a factory reset on the SX3 with no change.

Is there something I'm missing here? I don't recall changing any settings recently (not even a VDJ upgrade) and I don't see why it would work for one deck but not the other. Below is my audio setup just in case I've messed it up.

Anyone have any ideas? I consider myself reasonably proficient in this stuff but this has me stumped. Any help is much appreciated! :)

发表时间 Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 10:33 pm
For starters, after referencing the VirtualDJ hardware manual (https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx3/setup.html), it seems that your Audio Config doesn't match the predefined one that VirtualDJ should set up (see the attached picture):

You should probably review that part of the hardware manual, making sure that you have:
- Installed the latest driver and firmware for it
- Reset the audio config to the default before connection
- Connect it and select the DDJ-SX3 as the preferred soundcard to allow VirtualDJ to provide the audio config.

Given it was working correctly, you probably have an Audio Config, previously set up by VirtualDJ, saved and accessible from the dropdown. If there is one, select it and confirm the Audio Config from the manual.

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 22 @ 12:13 pm
Thanks for giving me some ideas! My setup is a little unusual(?) in that I use it for streaming only, so I had trouble using the default config with sandbox mode and mics since the SX3 has different audio routing from many controllers apparently. With that said, I will take a fresh look at it between shows this weekend and try out your suggestions methodically and let you know what I find.

发表时间 Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 12:57 am
Today I upgraded to the newest stable VDJ (was just one version behind), and then made my inputs look like yours, by adding line 1 and line 2. It started working again. So... thanks for pointing that out! Looks like my problem is solved. Of note, i don't have the 'SX-3' hardware icon selection like you do, though I'm not sure why (on Windows).

发表时间 Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 8:43 pm
Kyizl wrote :
Today I upgraded to the newest stable VDJ (was just one version behind), and then made my inputs look like yours, by adding line 1 and line 2. It started working again. So... thanks for pointing that out! Looks like my problem is solved. Of note, i don't have the 'SX-3' hardware icon selection like you do, though I'm not sure why (on Windows).

It's good that the issue was resolved....I was just quoting what is said in the VirtualDJ hardware manual for the DDJ SX3. I'm not sure why you don't see a selection for the DDJ SX3 under the soundcard settings. Maybe install/reinstall the driver for it?

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 6:56 pm
I guess my mistake was in thinking (after reading the manual during initial setup) I only had to add the 'line in' inputs for the actual decks I was using them for. Apparently it's an all or nothing process. One of the rare times I misunderstand or didn't fully read a manual and it actually got me. xD Good lesson for the future.

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 22 @ 10:22 pm
And... suddenly it stopped working again. I did a windows update and that was it. Nothing else changed. Deck 3 still works for mic, deck 4 has stopped working again. Wonder if it's some sort of internal timing thing. I'll write a ticket and see.

发表时间 Sat 24 Sep 22 @ 10:01 pm