快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Vdj 8.5 scratching optimal values
What are the optimal pitch quality and scratch filter settings for scratching in the latest builds?
I see that there is 3 and 4 in pitch quality now and reviewed explanations on the scratch filter.
In previous versions i used pitch quality 2 and 0 scratch filter(I thought any other values made the scratching too digital).
Wanted to know the recommended values for V8.5 for the best scratching in terms of a balance of good scratch sound and latency of the scratch.
Also any other settings or tips for scratching would be appreciated...

发表时间 Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 4:19 am
pitchQuality 4 and scratchFilterQuality 30 will give the best results, but require the most CPU.
Whether or not your CPU is up to the task it's something you need to test.
To find the "best" values for your system you need to max them both and then try to see if it can cope.
If it can't then you should start downgrading them and try different combos until you find one that your system can keep up.
I would first lower scratchFilter down to default value (10) before I would try to downgrade pitchQuality.
But that's just me. I don't do heavy scratching, but depending on the case I do need big tempo changes with minimal audio alterations and therefore I vote for the best Master Tempo algorithm possible over scratch sound.

发表时间 Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 8:51 am
what does "your machine can handle" mean in this case? working without any dropouts etc? because on pitch quality 4 and filter 30..everything works good,,it might sound the best for scratching though..

发表时间 Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 4:41 pm
Dj Pari M wrote :
working without any dropouts etc?

Exactly.

发表时间 Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 5:03 pm
GhuiTHome userMember since 2022

why is it needed ScratchFilter? I don't hear any difference

发表时间 Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 3:00 pm
GhuiTHome userMember since 2022
Scratch filter does not work, PitchQulity if turned off ??? are they interconnected?

发表时间 Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 4:55 am
well the scratch filter for me works..in my opinion...a value of 0 worked best for me(although i was advised not to use 0),with a faster response and better scratch sound on normal scratch points(clear vocals etc)..now i have found that the higher values of 10,14,and 30(max) make the scratch sound somewhat better on more complex scratch points(on bass drops etc) and a bit more digital...i have mine set to 14 currently...
try and scratch a sample using your headphones and without any crossfader cutting so u can determine if there is any difference at all...
now pitch quality of values less than 0..simply means master tempo off..
i was once advised on this forum that vdj automatically detects when you are scratching and disables master tempo so as to get a pure scratch..i beleive this is not entirely correct as i have mapped my jog to a custom script to disable MT when hand is on the jog and re enable when i let go..and this sounds 'different' than if i have left the jog mapper to its default..
my advice is if u tink master tempo is unnecessary to u..and u scratch alot..leave it off(pitch quality-1)
i have my pitch quality set to default 2 as i cannot afford to hear chipmunks wen audio is sped up etc.

发表时间 Wed 28 Sep 22 @ 7:26 pm