快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Will WDJ Run On This Laptop?
I am thinking about buying an inexpensive laptop, not for anything beyond bedroom DJ fun:

Specs:

Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 Processor
4GB LPDDR4x RAM
Microsoft Windows 11 Home (64 bit)
128GB eUFS Storage

Just wondering if this is enough to smoothly run VDJ...I know that 8GB of RAM is the recommendation, just wondering if it's still possible. Thanks all!

发表时间 Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 3:40 am
You'd just really have to try as there are so many variables. It runs beautifully on my GPD Pocket which has an Intel Atom processor but stems are a definite no-no.

发表时间 Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 8:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that there is no version of VirtualDJ specifically made for Windows on ARM yet, so it will run in emulated mode. While it will likely still run, this could cause it to run significantly slower.
If you already have access to such a machine you can try, but if not I would not recommend to get it for VDJ at this time.

发表时间 Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 9:13 am
Ah crap, never noticed it was a mobile processor. Sorry!

发表时间 Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 9:21 am
Thanks all. Weird, now my username's changed lol (I'm the OP) Didn't read up on this type of processor until yesterday, sounds more like it's the convenience of long battery life and instant-on, that sort of thing. May just buy something more conventional with the 4GB DDR4 / 128GB HD configuration. Just need something super simple and easy as the only other laptop I have is for work. Currently using VDJ on my desktop, but wanted something I can also take on the road once in a while :)

发表时间 Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 5:25 pm
It'll run on pretty much any Intel platform. If you're not running much in the background then 4gb will probably do.

Just remember to disable stems.

发表时间 Wed 30 Mar 22 @ 5:26 pm