快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: 4decks with 2deck controller...?
Hi
Apologies for the long post..
Recently moved over from traktor to virtual DJ and very impressed so far but the issue I'm having is this..
I'm using an old 'numark mixtrack pro' 2 deck controller and although it works seamlessly with vdj in 2deck setup, I'm wondering if it's possible to download mappings to get it to control 4 decks?
Probably easier to describe my old set up and ask whether this is feasible within virtual DJ.

With traktor you could download a Midimap, loads of variations for different controllers, that people had written and uploaded for others to try. So in my case I could download dozens of scripts/maps written for mixtrack pro controllers giving me variations on how my hardware controlled the software. someone had done a 4 deck map, remapping 2 buttons on the controller to toggle all the other buttons/faders/pots between decks 1&3 and 2&4.... Obviously the mixtrack 2deck controller wasn't designed to do that, but with the remapping, the ability to control 4decks was there, granted you had to sacrifice 2 buttons to act as the toggles. in this particular mapping it was the 2 keylock buttons which for me wasn't an issue, when it gave you 4deck control.
I'm aware you can midimap within vdj and there are skins for different software setups/layouts which is all great but I'm struggling to find any resources to allow me to do what I could do with traktor and my mixtrack Pro. Basic midi mapping I can get my head around and seems pretty intuitive but mapping modifier/shift/variable keys is a whole different ball game.
Is anyone aware of any website/groups/resources that I might find helpful or does anyone no if this is even possible...
From my perspective vdj blows traktor out of the water with the browsing and library features but to loose 4deck control with my particular hardware controller is a big loss..granted I suppose I could upgrade my controller to a 4 deck unit but a costly work around.
Thx in advance for any help or thoughts

发表时间 Tue 15 Feb 22 @ 11:22 pm
Sorry, just as an after thought any advice on a budget 4 deck controller would be useful ...
Thx

发表时间 Tue 15 Feb 22 @ 11:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
your button, use this script

device_side 'left' ? deck left invert_deck : deck right invert_deck

see where that gets you, it might be all that's needed, it might need further tweaks but it's a start.

发表时间 Tue 15 Feb 22 @ 11:31 pm
Ok some more digging on YouTube found the answer...search for 'echo Papa' and he shows you how...very happy😄

发表时间 Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 12:17 am
that will be pretty dated but it should hold up.

发表时间 Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 12:24 am
Yes locodog worked a treat thx for your response.👍
My only gripe is it moves the switched deck to the top, so when you toggle to deck 3 it moves it up into deck 1 position on the screen, dropping deck one to the lower pane which is a little confusing as I'm use to always seeing deck 3 & 4 on the lower panes..a little trickier to keep track of what decks doing what...presume that's the skins behaviour...

发表时间 Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 2:26 am
My next mission is to find a way to show the browser pane full screen, maybe easiest way with a shortcut on my keyboard.
The map I had previously showed full screen browser on initial turn of the browser encoder, subsequent rotation moved you round your library as normal then loading a track or touching anywhere on the platters took you back to normal view...worked brilliantly and was a great idea.
Loving all the effects on vdj 🍻

发表时间 Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 2:36 am
you'll retrain your brain over a few sessions with the deck swap, the alternative is a huge amount of time skinning.

other thing search "browser zoom" in settings

发表时间 Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 2:59 am
Yeah I feared that might be the case, will check out browser zoom
Thx

发表时间 Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 9:55 pm