快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Karaoke rotation manager
mike44PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Is there a way when using the karaoke rotation list to make the singer at number one go to the bottom of the list when his song is finished - I know there's a manual way to do it by dragging and dropping it but I was hoping for an automatic move when the software detects the song has been played and puts the red line through the icon it would move that song to the bottom of the list. has anybody been able to program this function?

发表时间 Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 5:44 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Sorry but ... when knowing what karaoke was , is, and is becoming in VDJ .... put karaoke in karaokeAutoRemovePlayed mode and pray

even manually moving is not possible with karaokeAutoRemovePlayed off, cursor (selected line) does not follow order and no way to reset it, so that removing 1st song before cursor will select next

next singer display from selected track, removing top change next player but still keep the track loaded

no way to sort anymore and spurious track when playing and unloading

"will play at" is never refresh, need to use "reset sort order" to force refreshing

.... and many many more including non scriptable fields ....

no way to script something usable as it is not manually usable

new build introduce a new issue : enabling karaoke with automix as background use more CPU VDJ ever used, video and audio play ok but skin and audio preview freeze (may be stems computing for karaoke track in addition with stems for background track in addition with singer list)

发表时间 Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 6:31 pm
"skin and audio preview freeze (may be stems computing for karaoke track in addition with stems for background track in addition with singer list)"

I missed the "next karaoke track" loading in second position and computing stems too ^^

stems for karaoke track to play + stems for next coming karaoke + stems for background + singer list
this was the first time i saw VDJ ... swap memory and freezes due to disk access overload and waiting for memory...
note video and main output are not affected, only you can't use computer for 2min... unless background changes, in which case add some time to grand access for next track and stem computing and ... skin to refresh, audio preview to init again

would be fine not to compute stems for background tracks, (as well as for samples and scratchbanks )

发表时间 Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 7:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I could make something, it's no small task though.

发表时间 Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 7:26 pm
Good luck working around all these bugs...with the hope next build won't come with thing to kill them as usual

If karaoke was really a goal for VDJ, it would have been a simple normal playlist.
Putting it in repeat mode would be enough for this request ^^

Instead even karaoke history can't load back in karaoke (but can in sidelist and automix ^^)

Karaoke looks like a big pin in the foot of VDJ

发表时间 Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 8:21 pm
So what I need is instead of the song in #1 position to be removed after it plays, I need it to move to the bottom of the list. Is this possible?

发表时间 Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 12:55 am
I'll never understand karaoke, I'm thinking up an actual automated rotation and all you want is a custom button with this

deck master repeat_start "rsKaraoke" ? on & deck master repeat_stop "rsKaraoke" : off & deck master repeat_start "rsKaraoke" 29500ms -1 & karaoke ? deck master songpos_warning ? browser_window "karaoke" & browser_scroll 'top' & set "$singer" `get_browsed_song "singer"` & get_browsed_filepath & param_cast 'text' & karaoke_add & browser_scroll 'bottom' & get_var "$singer" & param_cast 'text' & browsed_song "singer" : : deck master repeat_stop "rsKaraoke"

make the 29500ms, just less than your endOfSongWarning

I'd love to talk with a regular here who does karaoke, because what I'm imagining is way different to the things people ask for to help them.

发表时间 Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 2:08 am
Locodog think of it this way - when you go to an amusement park and you are first in line then you get on the ride. When you get off the ride you want to ride again so you go to the back of the line. Meanwhile other people get in line and they go to the back of the line as well so as people are riding they are constantly going from the ride to the back of the line. Now the song that is attached with the name that goes to the back of the line is obviously not the song they will be singing the next time around but that can be changed manually. By moving them from the number one position to the back of the line that keeps their place in the rotation.

发表时间 Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 3:35 pm
I get it, I'm thinking more about removing/automating most of the list management.

you have a holding list where you add files and singers, the karaoke list only contains one song per singer [if you're a new singer that's your waiting time], when a song is just about finished it scans the karaoke list makes a note of who's in it, including current singer,
then scan the holding list for any recently added singers who aren't in the list, adds them, then adds just finishing singer if they have another request.

Anywho script above should do what you're after.

发表时间 Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 5:05 pm
there is one : karaoke playlist ^^
karaokeAutoRemove ON
 browser_gotofolder "[ROOT]/Playlists/karaoke" & browser_enter & karaoke_add 
this keep singer and keychange

but warn Playlist/karaoke playlist does not always reflect karaoke list
because of a list sync bug, it does not respect karaokeAutoRemove off ^^ ... we need it on for any script

tested with a load_pulse 190ms ? load is_karaoke_idle !? ...

needs some adjustment but seems to work

发表时间 Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 5:19 pm
holding list is just a playlist with a singer field,
user doesn't need to keep the key change, played file is just a place holder

发表时间 Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 5:22 pm
if karaoke_add was working correctly (taking browsed track not the one in songs)

browser_window karaoke & browser_scroll top & karaoke_add

would be simple

发表时间 Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 5:25 pm
I solved that one 4 posts ago, add by browsed_filepath

发表时间 Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 5:27 pm
but that does not keep singer and key change, only you set singer back "manually"

发表时间 Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 5:40 pm