快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: video skin for 8 please

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

While i fell down this rabbit hole from my post asking about the highlight color of selected song change it seems this is worthy of its own thread in hopes of more help.

Heres the story for years i have been very happy with vdj7 and rusty skin,
Thru the years learned how to edit some things like colors and fonts etc but with all the non subtle pushing i stepped up to vdj 8 and it sure is far better than 7, i do love vdj 8.

I kept using rusty skin and never any issues with the exception i couldnt edit some brower features.

So i look under skins on here for video and even though everything i read pushes people to step up to 8 that vdj7 is antiquated junk all the listed video skins were for 7 or older, seems those outdated skins should be in an archive.

Of course i might have missed the listing for video skins for 8 in that case please direct me,
I did see one, "focus" but it lacks many features rusty has that i desire.

Since ive been using the rusty 7 skin with vdj 8 for a long time no problems ill just keep on using it,
I am curious why using this 7 skin with 8 seems to be frowned on.

Lastly if anyone knows of a vdj 8 video skin similar to rusty please direct me to it.

Many thanks all,
Cheers
b

发表时间 Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 12:57 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
You still can use VDJ7 like skin "Old" from VDJ itself

发表时间 Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 2:19 am
Vdj8 has me spoiled,

Vdj7 just cant hold a candle to 8.

I was playing with focus skin and perhaps it really would be what i desire but heres a few questions about the video skin focus.

On my home desktop system when a video starts it goes full screen as i only have one monitor, normally i would click to close it or minimize and when i wanted it open again there was a button on rusty which opened the playing video back to full screen,
I cant find how to open the playing video back up on focus, so how do i open back up the playing video?

Up on the top the vu meter doesnt work and the cpu meter is just one green line, how do i get vu meter to work?

On the very upper left is a virtual dj logo can that be replaced with dj or club name?

I tried to use tweak tool to change highlight color which it doesnt change but it does change the icons over on the left, which i didnt want to change,
So whats the correct way to change only the color of a clicked on/highlighted song in browser search?

Many thanks all!

发表时间 Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 3:40 am
how do i open back up the playing video? not mapped anymore to new keyboard map
you can map a custom button (there are 8 with focus) to "video"

Up on the top the vu meter : yes default behavior have change,
set setting -> skin -> cpumeter to "system"

virtual dj logo can that be replaced
yes on video screen, no for the hardcoded in skin (unless you edit the skin)

To change only the color of a clicked on/highlighted song :
there used to be "Browser Tweaks" but somehow outdated, maybe still up to date with a skin like focus

or manually edit the 3 "<browser..." elements
add a "<color>" element before the ending "</browser>"
some related possible parameters : (not well documented)
all are colors only, can be #RRGGBB or #AARRGGBB or standard color names -(white blue green yellow ...)
<color>
<lists>
background=""
button=""
focus=""
focustext=""
over=""
overstripes=""
overtext=""
selected=""
selectedstripes=""
selectedtext=""
stripes=""
text=""
/>
</colors>
same can apply to <grid>

发表时间 Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 5:53 am
Thank you nicotux,

I seem to be very stupid when it comes to mapping it just confuses the heck out of me.
Is there a mapping for dummys on here?

On my old rusty skin i did learn to do some editing of the script to change stuff like font size and color but that was about it,

On the focus skin to personalize it for me
I messed with the tweak tool but it didnt do what i wanted and did change things i didnt want changed so gave up on it.

I looked at the focus skin script but couldnt find where to make the change of the color the bar turns to highlight a song selected.
Since i color code my songs and some colors i cant read while highlighted
I very much would like to figure that out or just turn off highlight of selected.

One other tweak if possible is the beat grid that runs across the top the little dots are very small compared to how big they were in rusty and i would like them larger,

With a few tweaks i could see focus winning me over rusty.

Again many thanks

发表时间 Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 7:40 am
Far end there are 3 <browser> elements
flashy colors to figure out what is what just for lists
replace all ending "</browser>" with

<color>
<lists
focus="cyan"
focustext="red"
over="beige"
overstripes="lightgray"
selected="green"
selectedstripes="gray"
selectedtext="violet"
stripes="darkgray"
text="magenta"
/>
</colors>
</browser>

plenty other exist but none documented ...

发表时间 Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 6:37 pm
Nicotux,

Again i send you many thanks but im just too stupid to figure out how and where to use what you are telling me,

On old 7 rusty skin no problems making edits to XML but when i went to vdj 8 the brower seems separated from skin xml or at the very least i cant find where to edit that browers selected song highlight bar,

I deal with the highlight bar but sure would love to turn it off, seems it should be part of options.

Thanks
b

发表时间 Fri 01 Oct 21 @ 5:41 am
As I said, just replace all 3 </browser> lines with the code above
then choose your own colors
(the browsers in Focus are simply in default mode this add the code to choose some of your own ones)

发表时间 Fri 01 Oct 21 @ 6:29 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)