快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Re-Setting Stems
Hi all is there a way to re-set all the stems to their default '0' level.

I already have a custom button that resets all the decks, volumes eq's etc etc but can't seem to work out the stems, I've tried for example 'deck 1 Stem "HiHat" 0%' as well as other permutations but nothing works apart from double clicking each stem on each deck (I use 4)

Would be very grateful for a solution to this Many thanks Paul

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 2:56 pm
on new song load?

Look in options in settings, and search for reset.
Reset EQ on load, Reset Stems on Load etc

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 3:07 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
A stemsreset script I posted some time ago; it resets everything to default :
setting_reset stemBleedMuteVocal & setting_reset stemBleedMuteInstru & setting_reset stemBleedOnlyVocal & setting_reset stemBleedOnlyInstru & deck all only_stem MeloVocal & only_stem rhythm & only_stem Rhythm ? only_stem Rhythm : only_stem MeloVocal ? only_stem MeloVocal : nothing

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 3:31 pm
Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :
on new song load?

Look in options in settings, and search for reset.
Reset EQ on load, Reset Stems on Load etc

Hi Rune thanks for the reply - its not 'on load' I'm after but to just press my current custom button that clears all tracks off all 4 decks and reset's the eq's volume loops etc etc. I did try reset Stems in various ways but none worked. Saying that the on load option is also a good idea I may look at !

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 4:20 pm
Nicotux wrote :
A stemsreset script I posted some time ago; it resets everything to default :
setting_reset stemBleedMuteVocal & setting_reset stemBleedMuteInstru & setting_reset stemBleedOnlyVocal & setting_reset stemBleedOnlyInstru & deck all only_stem MeloVocal & only_stem rhythm & only_stem Rhythm ? only_stem Rhythm : only_stem MeloVocal ? only_stem MeloVocal : nothing

Thanks for that suggestion although I don't recognise the stems tags you've used in it? This is some example 'code' from one of my custom buttons 'deck 1 stem "HiHat" -2% & Stem "Instru" -1% & Stem Kick -2%'

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 4:23 pm
soulboy1970 wrote :
Saying that the on load option is also a good idea I may look at !

would be easy to reset everything that way at least :)
just load a song...

And makes most sense perhaps, resetting everything after song is loaded sound a bit cumbersome

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 4:24 pm
soulboy1970 wrote :
This is some example 'code' from one of my custom buttons 'deck 1 stem "HiHat" -2% & Stem "Instru" -1% & Stem Kick -2%'

Its just stems on EQs then..
All you need is eq_reset to reset them all

And if you are using on custom buttons for stems, while having traditional frequency eq's, just:

setting 'eqMode' 'modernEQ' & eq_reset & setting 'eqMode' 'frequency'

thats it, if all you are using is stems custom buttons as you suggested

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 4:31 pm
soulboy1970 wrote :
Saying that the on load option is also a good idea I may look at !

would be easy to reset everything that way at least :)
just load a song...

And makes most sense perhaps, resetting everything after song is loaded sound a bit cumbersome

Agree on the on load option being more sensible although my current button is only really used to clear everything I need cleared at the time and it does all 4 decks with one press - this is what is actually in it

deck 1 volume +100% & deck 2 volume +100% & deck 3 volume +100% & deck 4 volume +100% & deck 1 eq_reset & deck 2 eq_reset & deck 3 eq_reset & deck 4 eq_reset & deck 1 loop_exit & deck 2 loop_exit & deck 3 loop_exit & deck 4 loop_exit

If I do go down the on load route option I still have the problem of not knowing how to reset the stems though - any suggestions on that Rune?

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 4:35 pm
eq_reset should work fine if you are using the action you suggested, but I guess you dont have stems on the EQs, but rather traditional eq's since you put stems on custom buttons with such as stem 'hihat' -2% etc.

So try:

down ? setting 'eqMode' 'modernEQ' & deck all volume 100% & deck all loop_exit & deck all eq_reset : setting 'eqMode' 'frequency'

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 4:38 pm
eq_reset should work fine if you are using the action you suggested, but I guess you dont have stems on the EQs, but rather traditional eq's since you put stems on custom buttons with such as stem 'hihat' -2% etc.

So try:

down ? setting 'eqMode' 'modernEQ' & deck all volume 100% & deck all loop_exit & deck all eq_reset : setting 'eqMode' 'frequency'

Really really appreciate the code Rune it almost works perfectly for what I'm after and a lot simpler than mine longwinded approach. The ONLY issue I had is the stems in each deck need to be active before the reset button works on them so I just added 'deck all effect_active' as the opening line and it works - Just saying that in case someone else reads this and needs to know.

Thanks so much again for the help and solution Paul

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 4:56 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
soulboy1970 wrote :
I don't recognise the stems tags you've used in it?

These are aggregate stems; "Melody" (Instru&Bass), "Rhythm" (Hihat&Kick), "MeloVocal" (Melody&Vocal)
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs_v8.html
The other ones are settings and does not affect current eq mode

keep it simple and light ;)
deck all volume 1 & eq_reset & loop_exit

WHY ?
As deck n apply by default to following commands multiple "deck all" multiply the not necessary number or actions:
4 decks gives : 4 * ( volume + 4 * ( eq_reset + 4 * loop_exit) )
that does the job but with more CPU usage ...
64*loop_exit 16*eq_reset and 4*volume vs 4*volume 4*eq_reset 4*loop_exit

just to say ... count iterations : test with var_list on search for "xx" set Auto Update
deck all set xx 0 & deck all set xx +1 & deck all set xx +1
vs
deck all set xx 0 & set xx +1 & set xx +1

soulboy1970 wrote :
I just added 'deck all effect_active' as the opening line
have nothing to do with stems unless effect_stems is in on (one we missed)

It will multiply by 4 the other actions again and toggle the effect, not set it on
(256*loop_exit 64*eq_reset and 16*volume 4*effect_stems)
imagine with 8 or 10 decks... or 26 as with my synth or 99 max VDJ decks ^^

If "effect_active" does something other than toggling the effect everywhere here (it's not needed and dangerous) this is due to a tip : "nothing" or any other action would do as well thus just adding '&' is far enough

correct script could be

down ? setting 'eqMode' 'modernEQ' & deck all & effect_stems off & volume 100% & loop_exit & eq_reset : setting 'eqMode' 'frequency'

May have some issue with fast multi press ... (2 pads, this one pressed first a one second pressed and this one released before the other one - race condition with pads & keys - up/down BUG see shift) but this is another story....

EXTRA INFOS:
============

your vol loop and eq resets and
Really resetting stems (not resetting bleeds) not moving to frequencies :

deck all effects_stem off & volume 1 & loop_exit & eq_reset & only_stem MeloVocal & only_stem rhythm & only_stem Rhythm ? only_stem Rhythm : only_stem MeloVocal ? only_stem MeloVocal : nothing

Same but Resetting stems ONLY for controller/skin decks, NOT EXTRA DECKS (some pads and skins use them):

going to frequencies not resetting stems, only eq:
down ? setting 'eqMode' 'modernEQ' & param_smaller `get_deck` `get_decks` !? & effect_stems off & volume 100% & loop_exit & eq_reset : : setting 'eqMode' 'frequency'

not moving to frequecies and really resetting stems:
deck all param_smaller `get_deck` `get_decks` !? volume 1 & loop_exit & eq_reset & effects_stem off & only_stem MeloVocal & only_stem rhythm & only_stem Rhythm ? only_stem Rhythm : only_stem MeloVocal ? only_stem MeloVocal : :

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 9:28 pm
Wow that has to be the best explanation I've ever had on here - Thank you - its good to learn and understand things rather just copy and paste 'code' I accept my lines were a long way around to get things done for what I needed but it was done a very long time ago well before Stems came into the builds and it worked for what I wanted / needed at the time but as said always good to learn better ways to get thing done. So again thank you for taking the time to explain it.

Paul

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 10:49 pm
docb-djPRO InfinityMember since 2019
@nicotux, thanks for you script.

I'm using it on my Midi Fighter Twister Stem mapping (http://virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=81378) to reset either the left or right stem bank. It does a great job of getting all stems back on.
However, if I have used the dial to decease/increase a bleed or fade that does not get reset.

I've tried the following:

setting stemBleedMuteVocal 60% & setting stemBleedMuteInstru 60% & setting stemBleedOnlyVocal 60% & setting stemBleedOnlyInstru 60% & deck right only_stem MeloVocal & only_stem rhythm & only_stem Rhythm ? only_stem Rhythm : only_stem MeloVocal ? only_stem MeloVocal : 0

I'm thinking that a stem reset only sets the all on/all off to all on. I'm looking for a way to set all fades and bleed levels back to default too.

发表时间 Wed 08 Dec 21 @ 8:02 pm