快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Virtual DJ Workflow From iMac to Laptop to perform

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DjZ0rbPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
Hey All, this may be a dumb question, however, I'm trying to wrap my brain around a workflow with Virtual Dj 2021 - Between my main computer and Laptop. What I'd like to do is do all the Prep work on the main computer, and then have that transfer to the laptop. So far the only thing that makes sense.. is to make sure all my playlists, etc are on an external SSD. Do all my prep, save on SSD and then take that SSD and connect it to my laptop. Does that make sense for a workflow? Or do you guys have better ways of making that happen??
Thanks for your responses in advance!
Steph

发表时间 Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 11:59 pm
If you are using an external drive (and probably should/are, if you are using 2 computers), if you opt to use Virtual Folders (that are just playlists, but "smarter") instead of flat traditional playlist files, then the playlists (virtual folders) are stored on the external drive itself...

And then you wouldnt have to do anything. . You can hot connect this drive to any computer in the world and instantly have your folders, playlists (virtual folders) and music database available

The "old school" flat file playlists files are stored in /documents/virutaldj/playlists/
So if you use these, you would have to transfer between the computers manually

Alternatively you could use CloudLists, that are playlists "in the cloud".
As long as you use same music files on both computers, this can be a viable option as well
Cloudlists are automatically shown/synced between the two computers (if they are online)

发表时间 Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 12:10 am
DjZ0rbPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
Thank you very much! I've just downloaded "My Library" extension. I have my tracks on a External Drive now. I also have them as backup in a drop-box drive just in case as well :) I believe if I just use the "My Library" and put playlists in there it will work the way I want it .. correct?

Thanks for your help. I'm trying to figure out a good workflow. I just switched from Engine Prime to Virutal DJ and it's a hell of alot different! :)
Thank you for your response.
I wish there was a complete workflow video series online I could purchase or something. But I guess half the fun is figuring this stuff out..

发表时间 Thu 25 Mar 21 @ 8:06 pm
user23553480 wrote :
Thank you very much! I've just downloaded "My Library" extension. Ibelieve if I just use the "My Library" and put playlists in there it will work the way I want it .. correct?

That will work fine yes, off the external .. . and on both computers..

You can also create your own Virtual folder (they are just playlist, but database driven and stored on the external) https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Virtual-Folder.html

And then organize your music further as you like. Simply drop files to the Virtual Folder... And can create and name as many as you want to your own logic .

发表时间 Thu 25 Mar 21 @ 8:59 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)