快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Broadcast Log Out Delay

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
This "broadcast" option, for me and streaming to Shoutcast, works awesome!..Im so glad that VDJ has it, If it didn't, I could not use it (as well as many i know that use it). However, I experience a very long delay in reconnecting to my shoutcast server if I get disconnected, or disconnect on purpose using the broadcast button. I have to wait almost 45 seconds or so to reconnect. Conversely, If i close out of VDJ all together, i can log back in and reconnect to shoutcast with the broadcast button as soon as VDJ loads (which is like a second or two. Its very fast). Its not an good way cause i loose the view i had when i have to reboot it. Why is it when using the broadcast button there is that delay in disconnecting from the shoutcast server versus when i just close out of VDJ and reopen it? It seems like the broadcast button method of disconnecting takes a long time to release the server versus just closing out of VDJ all together. I hope my question makes sense..lol

发表时间 Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 12:57 pm
If you get disconnected, VirtualDJ will automatically try reconnect.. .
So if you click "broacast" button in VirtualDJ to start broadcast again, you might actually be stopping broadcast.

Perhaps thats the "delay", a bit of confusion if you started or stopped? watch the broadcast message..
If it says "reconnecting" or "stopped" etc

Not noticed any delays my end at least...

发表时间 Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 1:56 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
If you get disconnected, VirtualDJ will automatically try reconnect.. .
So if you click "broacast" button in VirtualDJ to start broadcast again, you might actually be stopping broadcast.

Perhaps thats the "delay", a bit of confusion if you started or stopped? watch the broadcast message..
If it says "reconnecting" or "stopped" etc

Not noticed any delays my end at least...

Thanks for responding!...when i hit the broadcast button, the broadcast starts and the button is lit up. When I hit the broadcast button again, to turn it off, the light goes out and the message is "Broadcast Stopped". When i go to hit the broadcast button again, immediately, I get an error saying "Broadcast Error Server answered:" I have to wait at least 45 seconds or so until i can get the stream to connect again. However, if i log totally out of VDJ and reboot it back up, I get the stream immediately after i open VDJ back up as soon as i hit the broadcast button and it is very fast. I have been kicked off the stream before and VDJ connects it right away..and I don't even have to do anything,.it was very fast. So im not sure why this happens.

发表时间 Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 3:46 pm
"Broadcast Error Server answered:"
Might be the server that "kicks you off" then, and impose the "wait time" ..

And shoutcast can have up to 30 seconds buffer, so that might explain
This is either automatic, or set explicitly at server end (fixedbuffersize , adaptivebuffersize etc at Shoutcast setting file)

发表时间 Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 3:48 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
"Broadcast Error Server answered:"
Might be the server that "kicks you off" then, and impose the "wait time" ..

And shoutcast can have up to 30 seconds buffer, so that might explain
This is either automatic, or set explicitly at server end (fixedbuffersize , adaptivebuffersize etc at Shoutcast setting file)

True...but then how does that explain why i can totally log of VDj , open it back up, then get back on immediately? 5 Seconds tops. Only thing i can think of is that maybe it never truly never disconnects when logging out of VDJ and its just tapping back into it while it is still open..lol...idk..:) but at least i can do that.

发表时间 Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 5:21 pm
True, might be something in VDJ....
Havent noticed any delays myself though, but will try some (usually i dont disconnect during broadcasts ;-))

发表时间 Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 5:34 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)