快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Browser and tag VDJScript questions to automate import

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I finally got round to migrating my Serato library to VirtualDJ using Rekord.Cloud - very impressive! Has corrected the tiny (6ms?) errors in grid and cue locations and saved me recreating all my crates. Very excited to be discovering VDJ library functionality having played from Serato lists. Having a couple stumbles though:

1. Is it possible to see a list of which playlists a track is in? (Traktor could do this, missed it in Serato.)

2. What is the meaning of the extra brightness of some tracks? Some tracks appear full white, some grey. Doesn't seem to vary by track loaded.

3. Is it possible to enable editing in the playlist or track info panel? Or only in the tag editor form?

4. Is there a way to display filename (ideally without extension) or artist..-title.., perhaps with ellipses, on the 72 screen track browser? Or VDJ's cleaned version of the track used for the deck views, ie, artist-title(rmx)? Title is not enough with my poor memory!

5. There is undo_load, but is there something like Serato's ctrl+Z, which undoes the load and resumes playback where left off?

6. I must be missing something but I've searched and searched - is it possible to set the value of a tag (Genre, although I'm imaging there's a generic command) in VDJScript?

7. I want to map the setting of Genre to one of a list of 43 sub-genres - is there a select from list option? If not I'm thinking one button to set a variable to genre, then mapping up to 11 buttons for sub-genre. Although not happy with this really as it'll involve loads of repetitive VDJScript for each sub-genre button (`var_equal "parent_genre" "house" ? set_genre "house jazzy" : var_equal "parent_genre" "techno" ? set_genre "techno atmospheric", etc), so better ideas appreciated! (My usual workflow is dragging into playlists then selecting all and setting Genre in bulk, but I'm thinking VDJ can maybe eliminate the mouse.)

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 1:32 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can have a look at the file info panel in the browser:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/fileinfo.html
It does not allow full editing, but can help you with some fields:

-Color and rating can be edited immediately
-Year can be clicked and looked up from Discogs
-Last Play or Play Count can be clicked to search for the track in your playlists and history
-Genre can be clicked and will pop up a list of most likely genres based on other tracks in your library by same artist or same bpm range

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 1:41 pm
Thanks very much Adion, very cool! I hadn't noticed that.

I have many thousands of tracks that aren't very well curated, for going off piste or requests, then a core of curated tracks with proper Genre tags. The 'wild west' stuff is swamping my list, is there any way I can customize that list? (I have seen I can slso type freehand.)

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 1:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's not possible to customize that list.
For scripting, you can use browsed_song (browsed_song genre "House" for example)
If you modify a skin, you could use this in your own drop-down, even with sub-menus if you want.

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 2:11 pm
Thanks that's an excellent idea!

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 2:17 pm
Could just use the pads or custom buttons...
Since so many, perhaps the pads would be most suitable..

At the param at top you could have a toggle between the 11 main genres.
And on each pad the corresponding subgenres you use ... or to the logic you want/meant..
Little unsure why you'd want to re-tag a house genre to "House Jazzy" etc. Sounds more like something you would drop to a "House Jazzy" virtual folder/list perhaps

And if you meant the other way around, you want to re-tag all "messy" house like genres to just house, you could just make a filter folder with scope database and set filter to: group by Genre.
Then quickly select all within a "sub-genre" (ctrl+a / cmd+a) , and click custom buttons/pad to set "House" (and have your 11 main genres on pads instead) (or just right-click the selection, open Tag Editor, and set genre for all of them in one click)

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 3:56 pm
Pad pages are an excellent idea! Save me hacking template XML, thanks Rune.

I have my own sub-genres according to how I programme sets. I might go from lounge house to jazzy house to disco house, tech house, atmospheric techno... I buy much too much music, so trying to get my track ingestion process down by doing it all through the controller. I have been dragging them into playlists, but clicking a sub-genre then setting up Filters should be quicker, and I like to have everything in the ID3 tags as a backup.

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 7:49 pm
Ah, understood ;-)
Several ways to go for quick tagging.. .

Personally I'd go the pad page route. Its both easy to do, doesnt break the skin or leave an edited skin behind if default updates etc

Its quite easy to do on Custom Buttons in skin too.. there is a [ + ] button in the custom button editor, so each custom button can have multiple layers, and would create a drop down to use that could then be tagging the song accordingly.. That would look and feel pretty much like a drop down ... ish..

发表时间 Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 9:49 pm
Here's an example of the white vs grey file list entries. This is a new playlist, but all tracks have been analysed, cues set, etc.

发表时间 Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 2:43 pm
techtitch wrote :
Here's an example of the white vs grey file list entries. This is a new playlist, but all tracks have been analysed, cues set, etc.

Did you check that white song in Tag editor? its not simply set to have color white?

发表时间 Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 2:51 pm
Thanks, that's it...(duh!) I guess rekord.cloud is tagging them white as I've never used the color tag.

发表时间 Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 3:21 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)