快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: New Funktions...
Hello dear end developers.
It would be nice if you could add something new to describe it in 3 words.
Thanks ;-)
What does the command (get_spectrum_band) do.
Or a Pad Page Scratch Bank, nice but no idea how to do it ...
And many more things
There are so many new things.
Please explain in the future at least 3 words what it does :-)
Greetings Dani

发表时间 Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 4:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

发表时间 Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 5:06 pm
I often do little videos on the new features when they come out
Not internal things needed in future mappings for new controllers - but more the new features that can be used out of the box
Like scratchbank:

发表时间 Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 5:13 pm
Yes, I know KlausMogensen, thank you, at least someone who occasionally takes the trouble to explain something a little.
But most users do not see or know that.
That's why there are always questions and questions and little things.

But also for Adion, if you ask something you explain it well.
But what is there, as with the other commands, to briefly describe what it is in 3 words.
What something new for when you can't do anything with it.
It would be enough to write "This is a special command for visuals in skins to display frequency bands in the spectrum analyzer" and just like you say, that it is not yet fully functional ...
Greetings Dani

发表时间 Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 8:49 pm
There are also a lot of other commands and functions that you don't see at all, or don't know what they are for ;-)
Just as a tip, even if it's only for experienced users.
<<< but something new without knowing, can you leave it entirely?

发表时间 Sun 24 Jan 21 @ 8:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Normally for new script actions you can look them up in controller mapping or custom button editor and the help text is displayed there. (this was indeed still missing for get spectrum band)

发表时间 Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 3:37 am
That's what I said, many commands don't even have 3 words that describe it a little bit ;-)
Take a look through the mapper yourself, many commands.
But also some settings in the options ...
There are zero words that tell you what it should be.
Then it doesn't do me any good to have something new ;-)

发表时间 Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 10:30 am
Actions that don't have descriptions are usually special actions for controllers, which CANNOT be used for anything else other than the reason they were implemented.
Except such actions all other actions do have descriptions.
When you are looking at a mapping, some descriptions may not come up if the action is complex (a key has may actions chained, or many queries .e.t.c.)
However typing the action in question on a custom button should bring the descriptive text up.
Finally, when new actions get added there's a chance while in EA to not have description yet (such as the spectrum action mentioned above)
However usually until the public release these descriptions get filled.

发表时间 Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 12:37 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Actions that don't have descriptions are usually special actions for controllers, which CANNOT be used for anything else other than the reason they were implemented.
Except such actions all other actions do have descriptions.
When you are looking at a mapping, some descriptions may not come up if the action is complex (a key has may actions chained, or many queries .e.t.c.)
However typing the action in question on a custom button should bring the descriptive text up.
Finally, when new actions get added there's a chance while in EA to not have description yet (such as the spectrum action mentioned above)
However usually until the public release these descriptions get filled.

So it looks to me that you think I don't need to know what the commands and settings mean ...
Because I don't need to map my controllers, change settings in my program, or create my skin for myself.
I don't need to know what certain new things are for ..
Correct?
I understood it like that

发表时间 Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 4:53 pm
No, I don't mean that.

But an action like get_pioneer_display that's used on several pioneer gear returns binary data that can only be used on the controller it needs them. There's no point to enter a description on that action since it cannot be used for anything else than the dedicated element it was designed for.

A typical example is get_pioneer_display 'cover' 1001 or get_pioneer_display 'cover' 1002 or get_pioneer_display 'cover' 1003
All these actions return binary data suitable to be sent on different pioneer units to have them show the cover of a file on screen.
These binary data are formatted in a way that each device expects to receive them.
Even if you could "read" those binary data, you would have to parse them the same way a CDJ does in order to draw a picture. And no, they cannot be used to draw a cover on a skin (there are skin elements for that)

Also if you read my post again I said that except some "special" actions for controllers (like get_pioneer_display) all other actions DO have a descriptive text. Same goes for settings.
We would not introduce settings and allow users to change them if we didn't want them to understand what they do and use them.

I hope it's more clear now. Perhaps it's because English is not my mother tongue...

发表时间 Mon 25 Jan 21 @ 9:52 pm
This is what I've been asking. I understand that we are given so much, and that so much is in development, but there are so many things I stumble on, and yes sometimes they are described but also sometimes the description just leads to another question, unless you know what some other technical terms are then the description can be only useful to more expeienced users.
I know thy say try things out and learn by mistakes, but these features, are not forgiving if you make a mistake and some things don't reset. Yes I have learnt this by mistake, but I have lost the use of my keyboard, and thats not a vdj thing it's an osx issue, as I altered something and now vdj can't see my keyboard properly. And now I'm scare of making mistakes because if something like this was to happen in vdj it would be bad. I have made so many scripts and some i altered before i backed up and i have played around and lost for good. And I want to know about the new script features as some look like what I need and I know they are abandoned or need tweaking for usage.
But a full guide would be really helpful, its such a big part of what makes vdj a piece of software that really has become as important as what i use it for. I spend just as much time tweaking vdj for use as i do tweaking skills. I actually enjoy the software manipulation, as this is what is going to make the difference in skills, because vdj offers limitless possibilities, but you have to be able to execute what you think, and I want to be able to apply automated instructions as live and on the fly as possible, otherwise may swell be a studio ix. I need both automation and live execution, and knowing all the ways to skin a cat is essential. So much effort is put in, so please share the fruits of the labour. Don't let the other developers succeed with there inferior dj software, because vdj is the most best kept secret ever, I kinda wanna keep it that way, but I know better things will come once people know the score. But even the people who know vdj need and want to know more

发表时间 Thu 22 Jul 21 @ 10:17 pm